“Nice surprise”

Stone Soup Books and Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

We found this place by chance will travelling from Charlottesville to Washington DC.
We had a quick lunch, but the soup.and the sandwiches were very good.
In addition, the people inside is very kind and the place is very nice.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

There is always something good to eat at Stone Soup - and I am never disappointed. I only get into Waynesboro once a week or so during lunch and this time I tried a today's special - the Roasted Veggie Quesadilla. On general principals I love Mexican food, but if you can keep it healthy - that is so much the better. It was wonderful. Didn't get a change to try a brownie or a blondie, but my guess is they were up to the usual standards. This is also a wonderful place to eat if you are alone. Personally, I hate eating alone and I find that at Stone Soup - even if the staff is too busy to chat, there are familiar faces of recurring diners that strike up a conversation. One of my favorites - even when I'm alone or in a hurry. And ... if you can't finish your meal and want to take it with you - I couldn't and did - they have these wonderful eco-friendly containers from some place called Bioware that are made of cardboard and keep your food safe and sanitary ... and they make great little seed starter containers when you're through. All around a great place to get local food and take something home that's useful - not plastic.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Outstanding soup,salad and sandwich place. Had the tomato/garlic soup and 1/2 of a goat cheese and spiced walnut sandwich on homemade rolls. Soup was perfect, not the typical cream based soup but broth and natural tomato juices provided the liquid. The taste of fresh tomato's really came thru and were not overpowered by the garlic. Sandwich was fresh goat cheese and toasted, sugared walnuts with local greens.Wife had the Asian soup and a small salad. Again, local greens, fresh blueberries with walnuts and a homemade citrus vinaigrette. Soup was also very good, with small bits of pork, vegetables in a clear broth.The only reason I did not give them 5 stars, was I did not eat dinner there.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

My 2 girlfriends and I had soup and salad. Soup was great, salad needed more seasoning. We had identical dishes, but cashier could not figure out how to divide by 2 to split the charge between 2 credit cards (my friends paid for me since I drove). Paying took about 10 minutes. Still, a beautiful setting.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Had a late lunch here on a Saturday. We shared an African chicken stew soup with beans which was very tasty and filling. My wife had quiche and a salad, while I had a smoked turkey and cranberry chutney on ciabatta bread which was very good. Both inside and outside seating. We were inside and service was good.