“The worst Chinese restaurant ever”

Ming Garden Chinese Buffet & Grill
Ranked #28 of 97 Restaurants in Waynesboro
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Crozet
“The worst Chinese restaurant ever”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I just ate at Ming Garden. I have eaten here once before and wasn't impressed. Time has a funny way of having you forget the past. I probably tried to forget.
My first warning should have been the vomit in the parking lot. I literally parked my car, got out and saw this disgusting welcome to the restaurant.
I went inside and was seated by the hostess. She stated that a waitress would be over to take my drink order. I waited...and waited...and waited... The hostess passed by with new customers twice before I informed her that I would just help myself to the buffet.
He buffet was a sorry excuse for Chinese food. There were more American dishes than Chinese dishes: pizza, cheese steak, chicken wings, fried oysters, even churros! Several of the trays were empty since the employees apparently don't like working. I tried a few of the Chinese dishes that were available: General Tso's chicken, chicken with broccoli, and some kinds breaded sweet shrimp. I couldn't even recognize the General Tso's. It didn't taste anything like what I'm used to eating. It wasn't a bit spicy and the sweet sauce tasted like corn syrup. The chicken with broccoli was bland. There was an absence of any seasoning and thus flavor. I gave up and tried the hot and sour soup since it actually looked familiar. The soup was horrible. I couldn't even take more than two tastes. It was thick like sludge and again had no flavor.
I can't believe that they charged me $9.99 for lunch.
I left hoping that what I did eat would not come back up. I saluted the vomit in the parking lot and swore that I will never come back. I'm now sitting at home hoping that I will be okay.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Penn-Virginian

Panama
“Lots of very bad choices”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

If you like lots of med to poor quality food this is the place to go. Everything I got - Soup, Sushi, Main Course, Ice Cream was of poor quality. If even one dish was mediocre I would upgrade the rating.

• Visited October 2013
Virginia
“Don't ask me”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I use to rate fast food Chinese a little higher, but I just can't anymore. I've had the chance recently to eat at Chinese restaurants that do not serve buffet style. They cook each meal to order and they use fresh ingredients. The difference is notable. I found little at Ming that was note worthy. Everything seemed off to me. Even the hibachi, which was my one chance at freshly cooked, was poorly done. The cook was young, and I don't think he had a clue. Well, there certainly is plenty of food and the decor is nice. But from now on, if you want to know about buffet style Chinese restaurants, please don't ask me because I ain't going unless I just have to. I won't rate them. Average is average. It would be like rating a Macdonalds.

• Visited September 2013
Virginia
“Update”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I live close by the restaurant that was very good before. I returned several weeks ago and the food was abundant like always but the quality was bad, the sushi not fresh, and fly's around all food. I don't recommend this restaurant anymore

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank MimiVirginia
Blackstone, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ming Garden has a superb buffet”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I had lunch at Ming Garden and the buffet was very impressive. The food was delicious and the service was fast. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013