“A lot to see but going out of business”

P Buckley Moss Museum
Ranked #3 of 19 things to do in Waynesboro
Reviewed June 26, 2014

If you like this artist's work you'll be pleased as there is a lot to see...two floors worth, including early works on forward. It was FREE which was so nice and prints etc were for sale. I enjoyed viewing her various styles. But I was told by the curators that they are closing July 2014 as they are moving all her paintings to other galleries....one I know will be in Richmond. Get their quickly!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I had never heard of P. Buckley Moss, but now I want to share her art with everyone that I know! The saddest thing I heard while visiting the museum is that it will soon be closing in July 2014. I am so glad that the skies were threatening last Wednesday, and my grad school girlfriends and I selected P Buckley Moss Museum to visit on an overcast morning! The art collection is voluminous! The art is excellent, captivating, and calming, and the artist's life story is deserving of a movie. Best of all this museum is FREE! There is a web site from which to see her art and order.

2  Thank MJC104
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is a museum is worthy of your time and attention if you are in the Waynesboro area. Pat has chosen the Amish and Mennonite people in the local area as her subjects to depict their simple way of life in her paintings. You will be impressed by the attention she gives to every detail. Allow at least 1 hour of more here at the museum. We stayed at the Iris Inn in this nice town and traveled to Staunton for dinner at the Mill. Wayesboro seems to be a small town but makes a nice central location for the sights in the area.

1  Thank Jene D
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My lady and I went through the museum rather fast as it was close to closing. I have to admit I learned a bit more about Moss, including some of her early styles. I thought the gift shop prices rather high. I would come back again.

1  Thank GrandpaGene
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Hearing the story of Pat Moss and seeing her art is a unique experience. There is no fee for a tour. Great place.

1  Thank camkbm