“Interesting”

P Buckley Moss Museum
Ranked #3 of 19 things to do in Waynesboro
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We were not familiar with this artist. We were staying in Waynesboro to visit the Presidential homes in the area. We picked up a brochure and thought it sounded interesting. We were right.
Great display of the artist's work and life. Would recommend even if not a big art lover. Very informative staff.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We are from Iowa and very familiar with this artist so it was interesting to see this museum. The museum is a beautiful building. Most of the pictures shown are Virginia based and I would liked to have seen a little more variety. There is a very large doll house with all the trimmings and it was worth the stop. We were there about an hour.

1  Thank travelprone67
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Beautiful Art museum. All of her work is on display plus they have a gift shop worth shopping at. The artist comes to her home town four times a year and signed any art work you have of hers.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My parents began to acquire a few of Ms. Moss' prints about 25 years ago. Being from Ohio and also more geographically close to Amish communities, much of her work struck a chord, and it was easy to feel a connection to her representation of people and landscape. I recently visited this museum for the second time (first probably about 10 years ago), and I was reminded of some of the symbolism and other aspects of her life and art that I had forgotten. I came to town to have her sign some previously purchased art (sentimental reasons), and I took the opportunity to tour the museum and buy a few additional prints in the gift shop. As there were not many there at the time I arrived, I got a solo tour and immensely enjoyed it. If you are in the area and want to spend a couple hours learning about some local art, I would not hesitate to stop in (free).

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Wonderful artist museum with great helpers who were very knowledgeable. Nice gift shop as well. Location very easy to find.