“P Buckleu Moss Museum”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“P Buckleu Moss Museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Beautiful Art museum. All of her work is on display plus they have a gift shop worth shopping at. The artist comes to her home town four times a year and signed any art work you have of hers.

North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“worth a look”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

My parents began to acquire a few of Ms. Moss' prints about 25 years ago. Being from Ohio and also more geographically close to Amish communities, much of her work struck a chord, and it was easy to feel a connection to her representation of people and landscape. I recently visited this museum for the second time (first probably about 10 years ago), and I was reminded of some of the symbolism and other aspects of her life and art that I had forgotten. I came to town to have her sign some previously purchased art (sentimental reasons), and I took the opportunity to tour the museum and buy a few additional prints in the gift shop. As there were not many there at the time I arrived, I got a solo tour and immensely enjoyed it. If you are in the area and want to spend a couple hours learning about some local art, I would not hesitate to stop in (free).

Visited July 2013
Granville, Ohio, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Wonderful artist museum with great helpers who were very knowledgeable. Nice gift shop as well. Location very easy to find.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Moss Lovers Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I always visit here on my way from TN to MD. I can never get enough of my fav artist. While its Heaven for me, I can't say that it would be worth a long drive as a destination for anyone unfamiliar with Moss art. Great gift shop inside where I never leave empty handed. The grounds offer a sweeping view of countryside and mtns, shady spots under trees have served as a nice cool picnic and break from driving. I would absolutely recommend visiting here if you are near the area.

Visited October 2012
Lynchburg, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Informative and Facinating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

The museum provides a wonderful opportunity to see the art of this lovely woman and to gain some insight into her passion and her expression. Her art is classic and will be enjoyed for years to come. The self-guided tour allows the visitor to enjoy the museum at the his/her own pace and the gift shop provides and opportunity to enhanse your own collection.