“Would be a great home-away-from-home”

Residence Inn Waynesboro
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Would be a great home-away-from-home”
Reviewed December 4, 2010

We used Marriott points & stayed here for one night. The rooms are wonderful! It's been a long time since I've stayed at a Residence Inn, and I was amazed at the beautiful granite kitchens. If we had felt like it, we could have prepared a gourmet dinner (They offer grocery delivery by request). But I was supposed to be on vacation & no way was I cooking.

The room was very nice & spacious. There was a desk with comp. wired internet, or there was wireless, but my computer was goofy about getting connected. The speed on the wired, however, was fine.

There is a fire pit outside with very comfortable patio furniture, and a huge gas grill. It would've been great to have been there longer & gotten a chance to use it for more than a few minutes.

Inside the lobby, there are 3 or 4 sections that look like mini-living rooms. Each has a TV & some furniture that guests were welcome to use.

The breakfast is called "Deluxe Continental" I believe. It was great! We stayed at a few Fairfield's & were expecting the same kind of thing, but this was much better. They had scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, sausage patties, biscuits, & I believe gravy. They also had the typical yogurt, delicious mini muffins, array of breads, cheese, juice, and fruit. Everything was good and well presented. There were an array of table sizes.. lots of 2 & 4-person tables, and a huge table that would hold 10+ people.

If I had to be out of town for a significant amount of time, this would be exactly what I would want in a hotel. For one night, it was great, but I left wishing I had a chance to use more of the amenities.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Derbyshire. UK
Reviewed October 13, 2010

This hotel is fairly new and was one of the best that we have stayed at in the USA. It was quite exceptional. Staff were excellent. The room was just amazing and quite wonderful. Fully fitted out with full size fridge freezer, dishwasher etc. Clean and homely. We desperately tried to re arrange our trip to give us more time there but the hotel was full for the next night. I am not surprised.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
shdri, General Manager at Residence Inn Waynesboro, responded to this review, October 28, 2010
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit. The Fall is a great time to visit the Shenandoah Valley! I hope you will return again.... You are now part of our Residence Inn Family. Happy Fall ~ look forwarad to your return.
Northern Ireland
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I have stayed here twice, both for two week periods, and honestly can't fault the place. Rooms are clean, spacious, comfortable and extremely well equipped. The staff are more than helpful and the breakfast is excellent. I can't believe that a previous reviewer complained about how far it is from the Interstate!! The hotel looks out onto I64 and it's about one mile from Interstate exit to the door of the hotel. How much closer can you get?

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for such a awesome review. I am very appreciative of all your nice comments. Yes, we are really convenient to the Interstate 64 and minutes away from 81. I hope you will plan a trip again to the Shenandoah Valley and stay with us. Take care in Ireland and we will look for you again!
Best Wishes !!
Co Durham
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Just returned from a very pleasent stay here. What a lovely hotel and such great value for money. The staff are extremely efficient and can't do enough for you. The rooms are gorgeous as are the pool and other public areas. You could not get better than this place. Excellent!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
va
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I spent one night in this hotel with four other family members. The staff found two rooms across the hall for us, so we were close by. The rooms were beautiful, the breakfast was great, and the pool area was huge! The hotel is new, so it looks great, but they kept it very clean too.
I highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 23, 2010

This was my first stay at a Residence Inn. What a delightful discovery! We stayed in Waynesboro to be near the Blue Ridge Parkway. The hotel is close to I-64, but far enough away from the interstate noise. There is an Outback restaurant within easy walking distance in front of the hotel. Built in 2008, this Residence Inn has a very contemporary decor, especially in the rooms, which are all suites with kitchens. We really liked having a full size refrigerator. However, you will need to ask for dish detergent. There is a nice living area for watching television and a small eat-in area with a table and two chairs. The bathroom has a separate vanity area with double sinks. I especially liked the ventilation system, which has a separate fan speed so you can have a consistent 'white noise'. The staff is genuinely friendly and helpful. When I inquired about the comfortable foam mattress, the front clerk contacted the head of housekeeping, who personally came over to my breakfast table with a printed sheet about Jamison mattresses. Be aware that the free buffet breakfast, which is delicious and includes several hot items, ends at 9:30 a.m. on weekdays, 10 a.m. on weekends. We almost missed Monday morning breakfast because of the bed's comfort. The breakfast staff was very attentive. My only complaint is that we were awakened at 8:30 a.m. (probably a good thing because of the breakfast situation!) by housekeeping trying to enter the room. We were scheduled to leave that day, but since we hadn't checked out, I was shocked that they wanted to clean the room so early. Otherwise, our stay was extremely pleasant and relaxing. We will definitely return to this hotel!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We came to the Residence and were disapointed at how far it was off the interstate. The rooms were good with a kitchen a table and a flat screen tv. Overall it was okay. It was nice and I would reccomend it.

• Stayed August 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
#4 of 9 in Waynesboro
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#4 of 15 in Staunton

Been to Residence Inn Waynesboro? Share your experiences!