“Great property: Exceptional Staff”

Residence Inn Waynesboro
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Reviewed January 24, 2013

As a business traveler who has to plan and facilitate small group meetings, it is wonderful to find a location with a caring staff and well appointed guest rooms and meeting space. Working with both Rebecca in Sales and Dawn the General Manager has always been a pleasure. When traveling to the Waynesboro area there is no doubt where I will stay and as much as I miss being at home, I look forward to staying here because from top to bottom they are top notch. Staying in hotels throughout Virginia and West Virginia, I rank this one at the top of my list.
Derrick

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Derrick757
shdri, General Manager at Residence Inn Waynesboro, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Derrick !!!
You are the best . Thank you so much for your awesome review. We always look forward to your visit ! You are such a pleasure to have here at the hotel. The entire staff always knows when you are coming and speak so highly of you and your team.
Please let us know if we can ever help you with your meeting room needs anytime.
Thank you again... You are the best, See you soon !

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I spent one night here while in business in Waynesboro. The hotel was nice and and room was clean and spacious, and was very close to lots of food places. They had a nice breakfast in the morning, and it even had a dinner bar as well. Overall a very nice place and clean and comfortable, I would stay here again if I was in the Waynesboro area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank USFBowler

USFBowler ~ thank you for your nice review of our hotel. I sure hope you return soon.
I know its quite a trip form FLA but our views and mountains are wonderful Oh by the way,
next time you are here ask about out local bowling alleys -- we have 2!
Best to you and hope we see you again here in Waynesboro!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Overall, a wonderful experience. Hotel is in great condition and is decorated in a very modern and contemporary look - very unique compared to most hotels. Service was great - friendly and always asking you if you need anything to make your stay more enjoyable. Breakfast variety was good and was very tasty. Would definitely book again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve B

Hey Steve ~ Winston Salem, NC
So glad you had a good time while you were here. We so appreciate all our guets staying with us. Come back again soon.. relax and enjoy the indoor heated pool. Summer and Fall is great time too... so we will look forward to your return.
Best to you and your family.
Thanks Again!
Dawn Zimemerman

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Our 2 daughters,their husbands and a total of 11 children recently stayed at this hotel along with their parents.We were all attening a wedding in a nearby locale. The children enjoyed the pool and their parents were appreciative of the spacious 2 room suites.My husband and I appreciated the kichen ammenities as we were too tired to search for a restaurant.We got a take-out meal from a close by restaurant, put up our feet and relaxed. The entire family appreciated the complimentary breakfast with rooomy dining area.We have 3 persons on a gluten free diet aswell as 2 children with food allergies but we all found something to eat. When I needed safety pins the desk clerk was gracious and immediately provided them.The staff was friendly and helpful so we were very pleased with our choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
shdri, General Manager at Residence Inn Waynesboro, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you so much fo yur awesome review. I so appreciate guest feedback. It is our goal to always provide you with great service. Please bring your family and come back soon. Bring the
children too... pool time for them. Thanks so much for staying with us!
Hope you will return soon !!

Best to you ....
Dawn ZImmerman

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I've stayed at this Residence Inn several times on business. The physical plant is the best of the many Residence Inns I've visited, but what separates this property from the rest is the outstanding customer service I've received from Ms. Zimmerman, the sales manager, the front desk personnel and the housekeepers. From the little touches like always remembering my name to the manner in which they all pitch in on any task, it is obvious this employee group works as a team. I would be hard pressed to find fault with any aspect of their operation.

I have over 1500 nights in hotels across the East Coast and work in an industry who's success depends upon customer service. I highly recommend the Waynesboro Residence Inn to both business and casual travelers.

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad room out of the 8 to 10 rooms I've stayed in.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
shdri, General Manager at Residence Inn Waynesboro, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you so much for a awesome review. WOW -- we were all smiling from ear to ear after reading your review. The staff was so happy to know you enjoy your stays with us. We love having such great guest -- as yourself --- stay with us. We look forward to your return....
safe travels.
Have a wonderful Holiday!
Please let me know if I can assist you in any way for reservations.
Thanks again,

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband made a reservation online, then called the hotel directly to confirm that we could bring our dog. Not until we were checking in were we told there was a $100 nonrefundable cleaning fee! We travel with our dog regularly and know that is an excessively high fee. It was Thanksgiving night, and we were stuck staying there. When my husband finally was able to speak to the manager (who had not answered his 2 previous messages) she told him that's the hotel's policy; it didn't matter that he wasn't given that information over the phone. We won't be back.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Strawbale_12
shdri, General Manager at Residence Inn Waynesboro, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

I do apologize that you were not advised when you booked your room about the pet fee. The reservation agent through the 800# should have advised you of this. This is a standard fee and we do have to perform additional cleaning for a pet room. We always want our rooms clean and fresh for each guest. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott. I do apologize for the delay in responding as I was off for the Holiday.
Thank you for choosing Residence Inn.
Have a Happy Holiday !

Reviewed November 26, 2012

What a NICE hotel. That's a rarity coming from the mouth of a frequent business traveler. But it's true of this property in Waynesboro!

The hotel itself felt brand new. It was nicely decorated, flawlessly clean and amazingly comfortable. It's been a few years since I stay at a Residence Inn, so I can't comment on whether the chain has revamped overall or if the experience was unique to this location. I've been a loyal Hyatt Place guest for a number of years, but I'll try this chain again and may switch if I have another similar experience. The rates are also better than what I typically expect as well.

Location is also great. Restaurants are literally within walking distance and everything else is readily accessible in the immediate area.

Try this property; you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: November 2012
shdri, General Manager at Residence Inn Waynesboro, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank You for the wonderful review !! WELCOME to our Residence INN Family !! I am so glad this was a gret experience for you. We understand the life of a business traveler always on the road -- so when you are here we want you to feel just like home.
Our hotel actually just celebrated its 4 year anniversary.
We look forward to your return visit ! Please feel free to let me know if I can assist with future
reservations. Safe Travels..
Best to you,
Dawn Zimmerman

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
#3 of 9 in Waynesboro
Best Western Staunton Inn
Best Western Staunton Inn
#3 of 14 in Staunton

Been to Residence Inn Waynesboro? Share your experiences!