“perfect for families”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Cedar Bluff
“perfect for families”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Our 2 daughters,their husbands and a total of 11 children recently stayed at this hotel along with their parents.We were all attening a wedding in a nearby locale. The children enjoyed the pool and their parents were appreciative of the spacious 2 room suites.My husband and I appreciated the kichen ammenities as we were too tired to search for a restaurant.We got a take-out meal from a close by restaurant, put up our feet and relaxed. The entire family appreciated the complimentary breakfast with rooomy dining area.We have 3 persons on a gluten free diet aswell as 2 children with food allergies but we all found something to eat. When I needed safety pins the desk clerk was gracious and immediately provided them.The staff was friendly and helpful so we were very pleased with our choice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
shdri, General Manager at Residence Inn Waynesboro, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you so much fo yur awesome review. I so appreciate guest feedback. It is our goal to always provide you with great service. Please bring your family and come back soon. Bring the
children too... pool time for them. Thanks so much for staying with us!
Hope you will return soon !!

Best to you ....
Dawn ZImmerman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Virginia
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I've stayed at this Residence Inn several times on business. The physical plant is the best of the many Residence Inns I've visited, but what separates this property from the rest is the outstanding customer service I've received from Ms. Zimmerman, the sales manager, the front desk personnel and the housekeepers. From the little touches like always remembering my name to the manner in which they all pitch in on any task, it is obvious this employee group works as a team. I would be hard pressed to find fault with any aspect of their operation.

I have over 1500 nights in hotels across the East Coast and work in an industry who's success depends upon customer service. I highly recommend the Waynesboro Residence Inn to both business and casual travelers.

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad room out of the 8 to 10 rooms I've stayed in.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
shdri, General Manager at Residence Inn Waynesboro, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you so much for a awesome review. WOW -- we were all smiling from ear to ear after reading your review. The staff was so happy to know you enjoy your stays with us. We love having such great guest -- as yourself --- stay with us. We look forward to your return....
safe travels.
Have a wonderful Holiday!
Please let me know if I can assist you in any way for reservations.
Thanks again,
Warrenton, Virginia
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband made a reservation online, then called the hotel directly to confirm that we could bring our dog. Not until we were checking in were we told there was a $100 nonrefundable cleaning fee! We travel with our dog regularly and know that is an excessively high fee. It was Thanksgiving night, and we were stuck staying there. When my husband finally was able to speak to the manager (who had not answered his 2 previous messages) she told him that's the hotel's policy; it didn't matter that he wasn't given that information over the phone. We won't be back.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Strawbale_12
shdri, General Manager at Residence Inn Waynesboro, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I do apologize that you were not advised when you booked your room about the pet fee. The reservation agent through the 800# should have advised you of this. This is a standard fee and we do have to perform additional cleaning for a pet room. We always want our rooms clean and fresh for each guest. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott. I do apologize for the delay in responding as I was off for the Holiday.
Thank you for choosing Residence Inn.
Have a Happy Holiday !
GM
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 26, 2012

What a NICE hotel. That's a rarity coming from the mouth of a frequent business traveler. But it's true of this property in Waynesboro!

The hotel itself felt brand new. It was nicely decorated, flawlessly clean and amazingly comfortable. It's been a few years since I stay at a Residence Inn, so I can't comment on whether the chain has revamped overall or if the experience was unique to this location. I've been a loyal Hyatt Place guest for a number of years, but I'll try this chain again and may switch if I have another similar experience. The rates are also better than what I typically expect as well.

Location is also great. Restaurants are literally within walking distance and everything else is readily accessible in the immediate area.

Try this property; you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2012
shdri, General Manager at Residence Inn Waynesboro, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank You for the wonderful review !! WELCOME to our Residence INN Family !! I am so glad this was a gret experience for you. We understand the life of a business traveler always on the road -- so when you are here we want you to feel just like home.
Our hotel actually just celebrated its 4 year anniversary.
We look forward to your return visit ! Please feel free to let me know if I can assist with future
reservations. Safe Travels..
Best to you,
fort myers fl
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The manager remembered us from our visit two years ago. They have a good free breakfast. The room was great lots of room. We stayed in a two bedroom suite. Indoor pool outdoor fireplace and a grill you can use. There are two restaurants within walking distance, Outback and Plaza Azteca Very Clean almost like new. if your staying anywhere near Waynesboro Va Stay here it will be worth it !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
shdri, General Manager at Residence Inn Waynesboro, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
What a great surprise it was to have you all back !! It was awesome to see you. Hope you enjoyed your stay ~~ I know you were so busy while you were here. Looking forward to your
return.......Dont forget me with the website for your book store! Also we are going to check out the services so I can hear one of my favorites sing ! Start making plans for next fall !!
Thank you for staying with us! You are part of our family !!
Newport Beach, CA
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Because of a mix-up by Best Western across the street, we ended up in Residence Inn. Beautiful facility, we certainly landed in a choice location. Front desk staff very friendly. Room was clean and very contemporary. Bathroom average, but everything else top notch. Bed very comfortable. Only problem was the couple next door (2 young women, out on the town) talked and laughed until about 3 am so kept me awake. Not the hotel's fault, and not bad enough to complain ~ I've been young too! They were just having a good time. Breakfast was fine, typical and very sufficient. This is a beautiful facility with every amenity.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lucky us for the mix us with the BW. So happy to have you! Thank you for your awesome review. I am so sorry the girls kept you awake! We are very fortunate to have great guest like yourself. Please come back again ! Soon !
Take Care,
Dawn
San Diego
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Opened the door and found myself in a small suite with kitchen area, colorful bedroom area and delightful bathroom. Small seating area. Someone had put some thought into this room. Extremely clean. We even had a pleasant view over fields and hills. Bedding was most comfortable. Breakfast above par.

This hotel is relatively new (4 years) and they are certainly maintaining it well. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Gave a great recommendation for dinner - Green Leaf restaurant.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Jenny ~~ Thank you for the great reveiw.... I am very glad you liked your room. We do have some awesome views of the BLue Rdge Mnts ! You should see them in our peak season in October.
We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to seeing you again soon !
Hope you have a great Holiday Season...
Best to you,
Dawn Zimemrman
GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
BEST WESTERN PLUS Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#4 of 15 in Staunton

Been to Residence Inn Waynesboro? Share your experiences!