“Efficient comfort”

Residence Inn Waynesboro
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Very comfortable room, great breakfast, easy access with good parking. Felt like a new hotel. Did Blueridge Skyway the day before (overlooks are overgrown so you can't really see anything) and Shendoah Parkway next day (great overlooks, every vista like a calendar shot).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ATV-steve

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here for one night after completing the Skyline Drive. No surprises here, which is the joy of a Residence Inn. Very clean,excellent design, lots of space and good use of space. Helpful staff,efficient wifi (it's always good to connect immediately without need for a password!). Used the coin op laundry, again very clean. The full kitchen was wasted on us just staying one night but at least I was able to heat water on the hob to make a proper cup of tea! It's like coming home.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
shdri, General Manager at Residence Inn Waynesboro, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay. Please come back to see us again. Fall is a great time to visit the Shenandoah Valley.
Best to you,
Looking forward ot seeing return,
Dawn Zimmerman

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Spent 3 nights here and found it to be a very nice hotel. We had a suite on the 2nd floor overlooking the front area, the full kitchen was very nice to have! The room was clean and comfortable. I had some trouble getting the temperature exactly right, I think the vents are right above the bed, but I managed. Lots of lighting in the room. They seem to host a lot of events for guests which was really nice. We enjoyed the hawaiian party one night with lots of food and wine/beer! Breakfast was better than your usual hotel fare - it was still your typical waffles, potatos, sausage, and eggs but with more options! ie. chocolate chips and raisins for the waffles, salsa & cheese for the potatos, etc. I thought that was neat. Slightly cold though both days. I also feel compelled to mention their were a lot of fruit flies swarming around the waffle area the 2nd day which turned me off from eating anything. In their defense, the flies were around everywhere during our stay, but then again that was outside. Overall, I'd stay here again, I found it slightly expensive, but in general the room and hotel was nicer than most places I've stayed. The staff was very friendly too and the pool looked very nice, wish we had used it.

Room Tip: We were on 2 in the front of the hotel, keep in mind people can hang out in the outdoor common area...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2012

A new style Residence Inn by Marriott. The property and rooms are clean. The two bedroom suite has plenty of room for an enjoyable family hotel stay. Two nice rooms with TVs allow family to spread out, have their own space, and enjoy. Good wifi. We have stayed here several times and it is quiet and well constructed. The hotel staff is first class and very friendly and accommodating. This hotel is the perfect example of why we like Residence Inn. Mr. Fowler, one of the managers, spent time talking to people at breakfast to make sure their stay was pleasant. The breakfast staff was attentive and the food quality acceptable and typical. The pull out sofa beds are not very comfortable and the kids don't want to sleep in them (typical fight over beds). The hotel is the perfect distance between several local colleges, so staying here after a football game is more relaxed and out of the way. There are restaurants and coffee near the hotel. Easily accessible from I64; good location and a great view of the mountain (from our room last time).

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were weary travelers and this hotel had 2 rooms left by the time we arrived. Our room was set up as a suite and very clean and large. We would stay here again. The hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. Waynesboro is a clean fairly good sized city with many restaurants and shopping close to this hotel.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I first found this hotel when we had power issues after a storm. I did not have many expectations as we just needed to have a place to stay with electricity. I also have also stayed in various Marriott properties including several different Residence Inn facilities. In comparison, this was better maintained and more clean by far. I was so pleased during the entire stay. The entire facility is extremely clean and well maintained. The rooms are spacious and spotless. As with the Residence Inn chain, there are kitchenettes and there is breakfast in the morning and light snacks on some weekdays. There are also ample laundry facilities. Pets are allowed for a fee. We took our dog and they were nice enough to put us by an entrance so it was easy to take her out. This particular hotel has an indoor pool and whirlpool with plenty of poolside seating, an outdoor grilling area with picnic tables, a small basketball court area, and a moderately sized workout room. I also saw a sign for a putting green but didn't find it during my stay. The location is excellent. It is on a quiet dead-end road that is adjacent to a major street that has many restaurants and stores (Target, WalMart, groceries, etc.) nearby. As we had our dog, the empty expansive field at the end of the road was a welcomed area to get a little exercise in. While I was there I used the wireless internet and found it to be fast and reliable.
The staff were friendly and accommodating.
The only feedback I have is that the mattress could have been of higher quality. It was a typical boxspring (rather firm). In the studio suite we had it was queen size. It would have been nice to have a king size and/or pillowtop. That would have been the icing on the cake.
After our impromptu stay, I also reserved a room for my father when he came to visit a month later. He found it to be equally clean, satisfying and comfortable. He got a corner one bedroom suite which had a fireplace and king bed. There was also a full size stove in that room.
This place is AWESOME!

Room Tip: Corner one bedrooms have a fireplace and full size stove.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel is a terrific facility. We had a corner room with a fireplace and it was simply lovely. The facility is well maintained and clean. The workout room is terrific (they have water, towels, good equipment and A/C) and the pool is very nice. We were impressed with the Asst General Manager, Will Fowler, as he took time to talk with us and inquire how we were enjoying our stay there. Will is an excellent manager! The breakfast items were very good. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this Residence Inn again!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft
Best Western Staunton Inn
Best Western Staunton Inn
#3 of 15 in Staunton

Been to Residence Inn Waynesboro? Share your experiences!