“Personifies hospitality”

Residence Inn Waynesboro
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I stayed with my family (wife, 2 kids 14 and 12) for 2 nights April 19 and 20 while visiting Shanandoan mountains and Luray caverns area. We wanted to explore the area and were looking for a central place. Waynesboro fitted the bill and we explored the area hotels online. I normally prefer Marioott brand due to consistency in quality and as I have stayed in brand hotels for work. After reading the reviews we decided to stay here and were not disappointed in overall quality. However, a couple of minor issues like not able to find a restaurant list etc made me write to the GM - contact info was conveniently displayed at the front desk (which made me think they invited people to make them aware of issues). Reading the comments online, I kind of expected a nice response but I was completely surprised by how swiftly the GM personally addressed the minor issues and the staff response. This is probably my first online review and I forced myself to write it to respond in kind to the efforts made by the hotel staff - they really went out of the way. I have to confess I am not a person you can easily please. But these guys, not only fixed the issues but the staff left a note in the room and a cake for the kids so that they feel better (it was totally unnecessary but much appreciated and tasty!)

There is so much to see across United States and we try to visit different places. But experiencing beautiful sights and time that can be spent at the National Park to relax and having such caring people at the hotel - we will probably come back for a longer vacation. For people, staying here please realize that no matter how much a hotel tries there will always be some issue that misses attention. I suggest bring it to thier notice - they welcome it and fix it immidiately. Its a very relaxed and welcoming facility and sometimes minor details get missed like at home. Thats all one expects from a good hotel. Cheers.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank 4Touristers
shdri, General Manager at Residence Inn Waynesboro, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Hey ~~ 4 Travelers,
What a nice, nice review. We truly enjoyed having you and your family here. I never want a guest to not have what they need when they are away from home. Taking care of your small request was not big deal for us. I will look forward to your return.
Hope you had a safe trip home. Say hello to the family for me.

Enjoy Summer,
Dawn

Reviewed April 3, 2011

I just spent 3 weeks working in Virginia and spent the entire time at this hotel. I had my dog, Chyna, with me for the duration of the stay. She was treated like a princess. This hotel is a class act. I found every member of the staff to be friendly, courteous and helpful. The amenties were outstanding...they will walk your dog and shop for groceries for you...how many hotels will do that? My thanks to all of you for assuring a positive experience. I will see you again.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank lifsgd
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We stayed in this hotel after skiing a a near by ski resort on the recommendation of a co-worker. It exceded my expectations! The hotel was extremely clean, and the decor was very very nice. The rooms were well laid out and the decor was very nicely done. The beds were very comfortable and there were plenty of pillows.
The free breakfast buffet had everything you could ask for and more. They had bagels, toast, english muffins as well as sweet muffins. They also had scrambled eggs, french toast, sausage, redskin potatoes with peppers and onions as well as oatmeal with all the toppings. They also had fresh fruit, yogurt parfaits as well as two different types of yogurts and 4 different cereals. They also provided a waffle station to make your own waffles with lots of toppings. Not to mention coffee, tea, hot chocolate and juices.
Like I said, it had everything you could ask for and more.
The staff was very professional and friendly.
We will absolutely stay here for future visits!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2011

We were very pleased with the friendly staff. The room was ideal. We were traveling with our grandson and the 1 bdrm suite gave us enough privacy. The hotel is very new and everything in the room was great. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet each morning (we were there for 3 nights). There was a great variety of breakfast foods to appeal to everyone. We were pleased with the amenities. The gas fireplace in the lobby was a very inviting spot to visit with friends. There was also an outside fire pit. Our grandson enjoyed the baseketball court. We loved the location. This hotel is within walking distance of 2 restaurants and several others are within sight. I have no complaints at all and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2010

We used Marriott points & stayed here for one night. The rooms are wonderful! It's been a long time since I've stayed at a Residence Inn, and I was amazed at the beautiful granite kitchens. If we had felt like it, we could have prepared a gourmet dinner (They offer grocery delivery by request). But I was supposed to be on vacation & no way was I cooking.

The room was very nice & spacious. There was a desk with comp. wired internet, or there was wireless, but my computer was goofy about getting connected. The speed on the wired, however, was fine.

There is a fire pit outside with very comfortable patio furniture, and a huge gas grill. It would've been great to have been there longer & gotten a chance to use it for more than a few minutes.

Inside the lobby, there are 3 or 4 sections that look like mini-living rooms. Each has a TV & some furniture that guests were welcome to use.

The breakfast is called "Deluxe Continental" I believe. It was great! We stayed at a few Fairfield's & were expecting the same kind of thing, but this was much better. They had scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, sausage patties, biscuits, & I believe gravy. They also had the typical yogurt, delicious mini muffins, array of breads, cheese, juice, and fruit. Everything was good and well presented. There were an array of table sizes.. lots of 2 & 4-person tables, and a huge table that would hold 10+ people.

If I had to be out of town for a significant amount of time, this would be exactly what I would want in a hotel. For one night, it was great, but I left wishing I had a chance to use more of the amenities.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2010

This hotel is fairly new and was one of the best that we have stayed at in the USA. It was quite exceptional. Staff were excellent. The room was just amazing and quite wonderful. Fully fitted out with full size fridge freezer, dishwasher etc. Clean and homely. We desperately tried to re arrange our trip to give us more time there but the hotel was full for the next night. I am not surprised.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
shdri, General Manager at Residence Inn Waynesboro, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2010

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit. The Fall is a great time to visit the Shenandoah Valley! I hope you will return again.... You are now part of our Residence Inn Family. Happy Fall ~ look forwarad to your return.

Reviewed September 26, 2010

I have stayed here twice, both for two week periods, and honestly can't fault the place. Rooms are clean, spacious, comfortable and extremely well equipped. The staff are more than helpful and the breakfast is excellent. I can't believe that a previous reviewer complained about how far it is from the Interstate!! The hotel looks out onto I64 and it's about one mile from Interstate exit to the door of the hotel. How much closer can you get?

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for such a awesome review. I am very appreciative of all your nice comments. Yes, we are really convenient to the Interstate 64 and minutes away from 81. I hope you will plan a trip again to the Shenandoah Valley and stay with us. Take care in Ireland and we will look for you again!
Best Wishes !!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft
Best Western Staunton Inn
Best Western Staunton Inn
#3 of 15 in Staunton

Been to Residence Inn Waynesboro? Share your experiences!