Belle Hearth Bed and Breakfast
$76
$106
Residence Inn Waynesboro(Waynesboro)
$189
Comfort Inn Waynesboro(Waynesboro)(Great Value!)
$94
TripAdvisor
$107
Hampton.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrose roommagnolia suiteother guestsquichelovely homefront porchskyline drivebeautiful housegreat hostsknick knacksgranolashenandoah valleygas fireplacefirst morningwithin walking distancecookiesstayed two nights
Reviewed April 29, 2008

I am a meeting planner by profession and stay at way to many hotels for work. So when my wife and I travel for pleasure we like to stay at Bed and Breakfasts. In the three years that we have been a couple we have stayed in B&B’s from Pennsylvania to Florida. We have only ever repeat visited two and this is one of them. It consistently exceeds my expectations in every category.

To me the B&B experience is influenced by both the owners or hosts and the property. The Belle Hearth scores big points from me on both. My wife and I love the owners and the property. Located in one of our favorite parts of Virginia we have chosen to visit this Inn on more than six occasions. Every time we do, Wayne and Linda greet us as if we were family. During every stay they have gone out of their way to ensure that our stay is pleasant. Whether it’s accommodating a late check in do to a delay, delivering wine glasses to our room, or serving a memorable breakfast, they are always on their game. Speaking of breakfasts, I can not reiterate enough how wonderful every meal has been. Every breakfast served has been special and unique. I only wish I could say that about all of the other Inns I have been to.

The house is charming, well appointed, clean and comfortable. I always choose to stay in the Orchid room, however that is just for sentimental reasons all of the rooms are lovely and on my last visit there I found that two of the rooms have just been re-done and look amazing.

I highly recommend this B&B if you are traveling in the Waynesboro area.

• Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed April 11, 2008

Our stay at Belle Hearth was everything I had hoped it would be. The home is a beautiful Victorian on a street filled with turn of the century homes.

My father and I were touring some of the old southern homes and plantations and I was looking for places to stay that had the old world charm. We had reserved the Magnolia Suite, two beautiful rooms seperated by a lovely bathroom. The rooms were clean and met my hopes, and our needs, exactly. My father fell in love with the front porch - spending some time relaxing on it.

Our hosts were very friendly and went out of their way to please. Our sleep was relaxing and the breakfast the next morning very good.

I would gladly return to Belle Hearth

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 8, 2008

We arrived at Belle Hearth B&B March 31st, for a two day stay. We received a friendly greeting from Linda and Wayne. The room was clean, well decorated, and we were made to feel at home with the fireplace lit and a very comfortable bed in which to sleep. Linda took us on a tour of the home explaining the history behind the walls of this beautiful old house. She explained how they had incorporated her family history into the decor.

We awoke to a lovely breakfast each morning to start the day. The breakfast was served in the dining room where conversation with other guests were enjoyed. Linda and Wayne took time to make sure that we had plenty to eat and drink each day.

As a result of the treatment we received here rather then going on to a hotel in Lynchburg, VA, April 2nd, we stayed an additional night at Belle Hearth.

Linda and Wayne thanks for the kindness you extended to us. We will recommend your B&B to all of our friends and family. We hope to return for another stay in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2007

My parents live in Waynesboro, and when my boyfriend and I come to visit, we stay at the Belle Hearth (~4 visits over the past year). We've always stayed in the Orchid room, and have consistently been impressed with the cleanliness (I am VERY picky about this) and roominess of the room. The B&B has street parking, but it is right out front, and in a safe neighborhood (also a big deal for me). The only noise I have ever heard from outside has been the church bells from a neighboring church on Sunday morning, which is actually very quaint. The food is good - usually served at 8:30 or 9AM - and consists of 2-3 courses. Fruit for starters, a bread (sometimes, if the entree is not bread based like a Belgian waffle) and an entree. Coffee is brewed fresh by the cup and is delicious, as is the selection of teas. Snacks are also available on a self-serve basis 24 hours a day. On our last visit, the house was decorated festively for Christmas, and we received a "Welcome Back and Happy Holidays" bottle of wine from the owners, Wayne and Linda. Wayne, Linda, my boyfriend and I also took pictures of each other (and Mosby the cat) in the sitting area by the Christmas tree. I will definitely continue staying at this establishment, and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2007

Every time I walked in, it felt like home.

Wayne and Linda were great. They were very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed and told us to ask if we needed anything else.

The whole house was very clean, outside and inside. Wayne gave us a tour of the house and a brief history of the house, very friendly and knowledgeable.

Our room was very clean as well, very well kept. Linda made sure everything was dusted (lots of old cool trinkets, etc) and neat. Our bed was very very comfortable as were the linens. I LOVED having our fireplace (even a gas one) for the holidays. Shower was hot and good pressure and also very clean and well kept.

They offered free sodas and snacks right in the hall to help ourselves and served us breakfast at 830am each morning. The house was decorated for christmas and smelled like Cookies each time we arrived back at the B&B.

My boyfriend's family lives in the area and if we need a place to stay again, we will be back.

I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone traveling in this area. Good area, great price, impeccably clean and good rooms, and Wayne and Linda were very easy going. We got a great winter special rate as well.

Thanks again!