“Wonderful B&B close to the Skyline & Blue Ridge Parkway”

Belle Hearth Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Waynesboro B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 23, 2011

We really enjoyed this B&B, a true Victorian gem! The owners were very knowledgeable about the area and pointed us to a great dinner, and even gave us brochures for our next day excursions. We had a lovely homemade breakfast, and a lively conversation with both the guests and the owners. Thanks Linda & Wayne, we are sure to come again!! and yes, my husband made it to the top of Humpback Rocks - - what a glorious view!

Room Tip: The Orchid Room, w/comfyking bed & a full bath
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DianaAdes

Reviewed April 22, 2011

Great food for breakfast! Delightful, atypical breakfast of homemade quiche, breads, apple compote and made to accomodate any special dietary needs. The owners were extremely hospitable. We were running late driving in from Washington D.C. and they stayed up a little later than usual to ensure we could get in. They're knowledgeable about places to go in the area, so great recs for that. The host said we're a lot younger than the typical guests, yet, from the bike trails, fresh air, great food and excellent antiques,this is awesome for anyone of any age. We're planning to return again during the summer.

Room Tip: Look at their website for special deals.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank lamonet
Reviewed April 18, 2011

We had selected Belle Hearth out of the other B&Bs in the area because of its size - we wanted something smaller, more quaint, charming and traditional, and it was exactly what we were looking for. If I could say one negative, the bed was a little small in the Iris room. Other than that, the room was cozy with a gas fireplace, the bathroom spotless (great shower), the breakfast delicious (we wondered why the hosts requested that we be at the dining room at 9 am - it is b/c they make everything fresh that morning - right as you are seated, taking into any dietary restrictions). The hosts are very kind and sincere - available when you need them, with fantastic restaurant recommendations in the area, and they are not intrusive. We would highly recommend Belle Hearth.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2011

My fiance and I went to Waynesboro this past weekend to look at locations for a very small, intimate wedding, and chose to stay at the Belle Hearth based on the sparkling reviews we saw. I fell absolutely in love with the B&B from the moment we walked in the door.We unfortunately got stuck in some bad weather on our trip up from North Carolina, and got in much later than we expected. Wayne stayed up for us until nearly 12am, and was extremely welcoming and understanding of our travel situation. We stayed in the Magnolia room, which was well decorated and spacious. Breakfast the next morning was delicious, with fresh fruit, scones and stuffed french toast. I'm usually am not one for large breakfasts, but I cleared my plate. The innkeepers, Linda and Wayne were more than accomodating, and gave us suggestions on where to look for locations, and also offered their backyard for a small reception afterwards. Becuase of the overall charm of the house and the kindness of Linda and Wayne, we chose to reserve the entire house for our wedding weekend to accomodate our few guests. I am beyond excited for my next trip to Belle Hearth, and I hope my fiance and I are able to take anniversary trips there in years to come.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LaurenBelle1121
Reviewed March 1, 2011

My husband planned a weekend away for our 38th anniversary. This was our first time
staying at a B&B, we loved it. The room was beautiful and the food unbelievable. We are looking forward to our next trip back.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deb0701
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Linda and Wayne were great in helping my wife and I celebrate our 25th anniversary near valentine's day, going so far as to prepare a surprise cake for my wife and a beautifully decorated tray with cake, chocolates and flutes for my toast to my wife. The house was well-decorated with many antiques. Our breakast was custom-made for us and another couple.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank someconcerns
Reviewed January 6, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Belle Hearth B&B over New Year's. We are from northern Virginia and just wanted to get away from the rat race and traffic for awhile. We love the Shenandoah Valley, so we decided to pick a B&B close to Staunton and not far from Charlottesville. This B&B fit the bill; plus, it had received great reviews, was affordable, and we even managed to take advantage of a deal they were running (I think through January) where you buy one night and get the 2nd night 50% off.

Waynesboro itself isn't much of a town, so if you are looking for something cute and quaint, Waynesboro isn't it. But Belle Hearth B&B is lovely; a large pink Victorian on a side street, across from a church, on a safe-looking street. We stayed in the Iris room. It was small, but that was ok with us; with a fireplace, private bathroom, and closet. Room was clean and decorated beautifully. My only complaint is a personal issue-the bed was REALLY high, and I'm really short, so it was a challenge getting into bed. Also, I found the bed rather hard, and the pillows flat. My husband assures me I am crazy and that a normal person would find no fault.

The hosts, Linda and Wayne, are extremely friendly, gracious, knowledgeable and helpful. We sort of had an itinerary planned, but they have a plethora of resources, brochures, books, etc for the traveler who is unfamiliar with the area.

The best part about this B&B is the food. The main reasons my husband and I like B&B's over hotels is the personalized, unique breakfast offerings and the meeting interesting people. The first morning we had melon drizzled with a berry glaze and pomegrante seeds, followed by a gingerbread-pumpkin sort of cake/bread. That was my husband's favorite item. The main course was croissant French-toast with an orange-type of syrup and sausage. My favorite was breakfast the second morning-homemade apple and granola with brown sugar, blueberry lemon scones which were to die for, and quiche with bacon. They do serve meals at one dining table, so if you are the sort who isn't into chatting in the morning, be warned. We met a lovely couple from Falls Church and a nice gentleman from DC.

Definitely stay here if you want to get away from it all or are passing through. There are numerous wineries nearby, beautiful mountain views and great hospitality.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DCwinelvr9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
Iris Inn
Iris Inn
#1 of 3 in Waynesboro
Afton Mountain Bed & Breakfast

Been to Belle Hearth Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!