“Fantastic”
Review of Iris Inn

Iris Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Waynesboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 27, 2009

My cousin and I met at the Iris Inn and stayed for a long weekend. I had been there before as a solo traveler and really enjoyed it. We had a blast! Breakfast was to die for, we indulged in massages (the masseuse came to us). It was my cousins first stay at a B&B and her first massage. Dave & Heidi took great care of us and we felt at home there. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2009
There are newer reviews for Iris Inn

Reviewed August 26, 2009

My sister found the Iris Inn online and we made our first visit in the fall of 2008. Since then we have made two more visits to the Inn. Dave and Heidi make the Inn a very relaxing place with great food and accommodations. You can enjoy a glass of wine with cheese in the tower overlooking the valley below. You can nap or enjoy the many sights in the area. A great get-away for a night, weekend, or week. Many of my coworkers are now planning stays at the Inn as well. Great for a couple to get away from the city and relax.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2009

My wife and I love to stay at B&Bs, to be able to explore and enjoy the surrounding locale. In this case the Iris Inn became the center piece of our two night stay.
We were greeted by Dave and his dog Katie, Katie escorted us to the room but no further than the threshold. As we found out Katie likes to have her ball thrown to her, over and over.
The Inn has a wide porch and balcony for sitting and viewing the woods and sunsets. We were also treated to deer foraging close to the Inn.
Dave and his wife Heidi have created a warm and friendly atmosphere that encourages conversation and relaxation. The food at breakfast time is filling and oh so tasty.
We are looking forward to a future visit.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2009

The Iris Inn has such a beautiful layout. It's like a large chalet. Dave,Heidi and Katie
where the best. The hospitality was awesome. We hope to return for a longer stay.
It was so peaceful that time seemed to stop. If the Shanondoah is your destiny the
the Iris Inn will not disappoint you.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Dave and Heidi were wonderful hosts and really made us feel at home in the Inn. Thanks for providing just what we needed. We really liked the Observation area on the 3rd floor as well as the hammock on the 2nd floor. The bed linens and towels were as refreshing as the warm shower. Thanks for accommodating us with an earlier breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2009

We recently spent two nights at the Iris Inn and found it to more than live up to all the great reviews. We drove by way of the Skyline Drive and arrived at the Inn just a short while once exiting the Shenandoah National Park. The location is perfect. Our hosts were extremely gracious and our breakfasts were outstanding. The "bottomless" cookie jar was also a treat.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2009

My brother and I had been planning a motorcycle trip for a long time. I was coming from FL and he from NH. Waynesboro was the closest place to halfway in between. When we settled on Waynesboro I searched the internet for a temporary home. We new we didn't want to stay in a Motel 6 box for a week. My search turned up this complete gem. The location is unbelievable, the Inn is beautiful, and Dave, Heidi, Ariel, and Katie are the best hosts you could ever want. I will be booking soon for next May to take my wife for our 31st anniversary.

• Stayed: June 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlottesville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlo...
#1 of 35 in Charlottesville
Cabin Creekwood
Cabin Creekwood
#1 of 2 in Lyndhurst
Belle Hearth Bed and Breakfast

Been to Iris Inn? Share your experiences!