“Beware of Bed Bugs!”

Quality Inn Waynesboro
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Reviewed June 24, 2010

We we looking for a place to stay for the night as we were passing through. The room was okay but the bathroom was nasty. And there were bedbugs! We slept okay, but a couple days later my husband and son were covered with bed bug bites. They each had over 30 bites on them! Guess I should have checked the bed before we slept in it. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed May 23, 2010

Awful..toilet did not work..we were given a plunger..hotel is old, old, old and second floor has not elevator. Only advantage was that it was within walking distance of Fishburne Military..we were attending a graduation.

Run..don't walk away from this place..am going to contact corporate. Free internet was very difficult to connect..sometimes took up to 20 minutes to get online.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2009

I stopped in Waynesboro, VA on my way south and picked the Quality Inn because of their pet policy. I frequently travel with my dog, a medium sized Shiba Inu, and don't care to board her. The Quality Inn is easy to find, right on the main street thru Waynesboro. The motel looks like an older style strip hotel from the outside, but the rooms are surprisingly pleasant. In fact, mine had enough room for a couch and easy chair, just right for using a laptop. WiFi is free and worked well, and the free breakfast was the typical Quality Inn style.

Just one complaint, the exhaust fan in the bathroom sounded like a 747 during take off. Otherwise, everything was fine.

I enjoyed walking to the Fishborne Military School, the remains of a downtown area and the stip mall across the street. Otherwise, i didn't find much to do in Waynesboro. I will highly recomment the nearby restaurant, Scottos, an Italian place that was very popular on Friday night. I had one of the best ever Italian meals, and the beer selection had a good variety. Service was fine, and again, the food delicious. I had chicken, flattened with artichoke hearts and dried tomatoes over a bed of fettuchini. Large plate and I ate it all!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank VABigChuck
Reviewed November 8, 2009

We stayed during a weekend getaway down the Skyline Drive. I liked the location--it is in downtown Waynesboro which is a small, safe city. I also like the park at your door style hotel which this is. The room was comfortable and clean. It was not until I got up in the middle of the night and turned on the light that I saw the roach on the bathroom counter. The next day there were also two small roaches in our cooler. I was sorry to see this--I really wanted to like the place. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast the next morning was good. I didn't feel too bad since I used my Choice points to pay for the room. If it had cost me the $79 I was initially quoted then I would have been mad!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2009

The property was clean and well-maintained even though the motel is clearly aged on the outside and within the bathrooms, especially. The rooms themselves look to have renovated sometime recently, perhaps in the last few months. The location is a bit strange being so far from I-64 within the city, where the nicer, newer ones are clustered on the west side of town. The only real complaint were some other guests in close proximity who loitered outside holding loud conversations intermittently for close to two hours. Otherwise, OK for a short (ex. weekend) trip.

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed February 14, 2009

Quality Inn..but run by a private owner..Wrote to Quality Inn head office..complained so dirty..they said no much they can do?? Really????Shame on you..So from now on..NO MORE QUALITY INN!! Run away..Not even a friendly staff...Never again..

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2008

Upon arrival I was given the room keys but the door would not open as the safety chain was on inside. I walked to the desk and on the way I noticed there was a room with the door cracked open. I told the person about the door being chained so they gave another room key......to the one the door was already open....I recognized the number and told them the door was already open in that room. Person said the housekeeper has forgot to close it. When we went in there were dirty cleaning rags on the basin and the sink was full of hair and other nasty things. The tolilet and shower were also covered with hair. I decided to let it slide and tried to rinse the stuff out but the sink was stopped up. I had to go get another room key, this time i accepeted what I had. Upon checkout I paid the 76.11 charge and when home. Two days later there was another 20.00 charge on my credit card. I called them and they said something was missing from the room, call back after 2pm. Called back at 6pm and person said there were two pillows missing from the room is why I was charged.....as if I want their nasty freaking pillows. This person said he could not credit the 20.00 because he seen the pillows missing his self HA! I am now going through the card company to get my credit. I also cancelled my card number because apparantly these guys just like to add up a bunch of bogus BS to your bill. Do yourself a favor and never go here.....

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kfxryder
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Days Inn Waynesboro
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#5 of 15 in Staunton
Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340

Been to Quality Inn Waynesboro? Share your experiences!