“It served well for an overnight stay along the Blue Ridge Parkway”

Quality Inn Waynesboro
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was fortunate enough to be greeted by Sue, who even upgraded me to a king room to get the quietest accommodation available. She was helpful with restaurant and grocery store directions. The hotel is built into a slope, making the second floor (as seen from the front) the ground floor when approaching from the rear. I received easy permission to park my motorcycle under the roof - just in case it rains overnight. The hotel is older, but the rooms are kept up well. Besides my comfortable king bed, there was a sofa with coffee table, comfy chair, desk and chair, large flat screen TV, a fridge with freezer shelf and a microwave. The windows actually push up and lets one enjoy the mountain air. After a quiet night, the breakfast disappointed a bit. Four tables are cramped into the reception area and the offering is usual continental Styrofoam fare. Well, it was enough to get the motor running,

Room Tip: The hotel is in town, local traffic only. The second floor might be preferable for a better view and...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank HermanTheGerman-inTX
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Waynesboro

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were greeted warmly by the desk clerk when we checked in. The room was clean and the wi-fi worked quite well. The bed was a bit too soft which made for a sore back in the morning. The breakfast was barely adequate; mini bagels, wheat bread, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, cereal, apples, hard boiled eggs and waffle makers.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I only have a few basic requirements to be satisfied with a hotel when travelling for business - be relatively clean, have a friendly staff, and have decent internet so I can catch up on work at the end of the day. This hotel is not very clean and the staff doesn't seem to be too concerned with their guests' satisfaction. The internet service was terrible. I kept losing my wireless connection, and when I could stay connected it was incredibly slow. I've stayed here twice, months apart, and been disappointed both times. I will be staying elsewhere on my next visit to Waynesboro.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mgb152
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've stayed at the Waynesboro Quality Inn on several occasions over the years while traveling on business. The price is usually lower than the hotels closer right off I-64 and is located near the center of town. The rooms are clean but a little dog eared. The breakfast is very bland and consists of cereal, yogurt, fruit, and mass produced donuts or other unappetizing pastries. It can't be too terrible as I keep going back... Basic accommodations, nothing fancy.

Every time I've stayed here I've met someone in the breakfast room that is hiking the Appalachian Trail, which is just a couple miles up the mountain. This location is a popular spot for hikers to take a break from their trek, get a shower, sleep in a bed, and access the internet. It's always interesting to meet the various hikers that are out to conquer the AT.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Location of this Motel is ok, there is a Shopping Center right across the street and you can walk to the Center of the town easily. The receptionist was weather friendly nor unfriendly but seemed to be a bit nerved.
The rooms are clean but especially the bathroom is quite time-worn.
The breakfast buffet was quite unhygienic, there even was mold on one of the pastry pincers. It didn't really invite you to eat breakfast.
There are probably nicer places to stay in Waynesboro.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler557586
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I reserved a room at this hotel because the pictures looked very nice on the website. That was not the case when I arrived! The hotel property is older, dirty and in need of repair. The lobby and breakfast area were filthy! They did not even look like the same pictures on the internet. The carpet in our room was torn by the door in an area about 1 foot by 1.5 feet exposing the concrete. It was so bad I left and went to another motel! Don't believe the website!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cheryl P
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

My friend's and I stayed here over a weekend while skiing. Unfortunately my friend had made a reservation or we definitely would have gone elsewhere. The rooms were $70 a night which i guess is somewhat low for the area but I have been staying in another establishment in portsmouth for $65 and compared to this dumpy place looks like the Tajmahal. We were given 2 "non smoking" rooms that were side by side. One of the rooms had a very strong smoke smell so we asked to be moved to the other room that was next to our other room and we were told that room wasn't ready so they gave us the next closest room. I thought to myself though that there are only 3 cars in front of this place, do they have that many customers that the housekeeping staff can't keep up or maybe they only clean after they have rented all of the rooms and do one mass cleaning and then start over? Either way our room was sketchy. The furniture was old and beat up, our Bed Linens were very well used and had numerous dubious stain patterns on the covers, and the bathrooms need some major work seeing as it looked liked small snakes lived in the walls behind the wallpaper due to the uneven patterns and bubbles. When you think of those seedy rent by the hour hotels this is that place. In fact at 1:00 A.M. we were introduced to the room next to us by headboard banging and additional noises before hearing their large truck leave the hotel an hour later. Take my recommendation spend the extra $20 and stay at the Holiday Inn Express. It's closer to restaraunts you may actually want to eat at and the place is way nicer. Run away, Run!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Spicoli76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Days Inn Waynesboro
#2 of 9 in Waynesboro
Best Western Staunton Inn
Best Western Staunton Inn
#3 of 15 in Staunton

Been to Quality Inn Waynesboro? Share your experiences!