“Average Quality Inn”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Hudson, NH
“Average Quality Inn”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

As an average Quality Inn, it is not new and pristine, but it is a fine economy hotel. We would stay again. We used Waynesboro as a starting point for a trip to the New River Gorge in West Virginia. The scenery was nice along I-64 and then Route 60.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank guicide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family and I was traveling with our pet on a ski trip to Wintergreen Resort. I decided to redeem some points from Choice Rewards and choose the Quality Inn because they were a pet friendly hotel for a small fee of $10. The rooms were larger than expected, we spent the previous night at the Sleep Inn in charlottesville,Va and the room there were extremely small.
This particular Quality Inn is good for a family traveling on a budget, the room was clean, water hot, and bed decently comfortable. The contential breakfast could use an upgrade, but they did offer the usual, bagels, oatmeal, cream-beef, waffle iron, cereal, and cereal. The fruit was not fresh and the hot water was warm and I suspect poured from the tap water. Again, good for a family or young couple on a budget, or if you have a pet and don't want to pay an outrageous pet fee.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wopat5
Mechanicsville, Maryland
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I choose this Quality Inn because I had some points to redeem for a free night's stay and there was nowhere closer to my destination the following morning. Though my expectations were somewhat low, I ended up being satisfied with the experience. The desk clerk efficiently handled the check-in process and directed me to my room. Once inside, the first thing I noticed was the room's spaciousness. The linens appeared to be fresh and the carpets free of debris. The bathroom counter had plenty of space for the entire family's belongings. Plus, the bathroom was especially clean. My only issue with the room was the door did not seem all that secure and there was too much space for air to come in at the bottom. In the morning, while rummaging through the mediocore offerings of the contintental breakfast bar, I overheard a conversation between the man working at the desk and a local female customer. He congratulated her on a recent success and seemed to genuinely care about her well being. That, in my opionion, makes supporting this hotel worthwhile even if its accomodations are not as nice as what I prefer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Rooms are very large, beds are a bit soft for my liking, bed linens were clean, but I had a milipede in my bed first thing in the morning not the way to start our the day. Breakfast buffet is very limited in choices it needs a few more items. Overall, I'm not sure its a re-do.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Room is dated, bed is clean. Plenty of space to disassemble my backpack after the AMAZING Ming Garden Buffet. It was a dream. Up early before breakfast... We'll see how that goes. I've operated a waffle iron many times in a restaurant. My waffles will be better than your waffles.

• Stayed November 2011
Brownsville
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We decided to stay at the Southern entrance of Shenandoah Park and since it was a last minute trip, our choices were slim. The room was satisfactory and huge, even if a little dated. However, we had requested a non-smoking room and the room we were put into was definitely a smoking room. I think they just ran and put a sticker on the door when we made the reservation. Disappointing. We knew there were no other rooms to be had, so put up with it and complained in the morning. The clerk said they "would check into it." Sure. They just pulled the sticker off the door once we left. Also, the bathroom "heat" lamp had just a regular bulb and the knob had no cover right by the shower. Rather dangerous I thought. The only reason we'd stay in the area again was the fantastic Italian restaurant nearby!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Harrisburg, PA
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel again for another family reunion and it is pretty much the same as last year - see my review of 5 Jan 2012.

Postive: Room was fresh, clean and spacious (2 QB Drive-up); large wall-mounted flat screen TV.

Negative: Breakfast buffet, huge space between entry door and floor. (I can imagine that they get snow in the rooms during the winter.)

Problem: I originally booked for two nights and wanted to change to one night. Apparently this cannot be done on the website so I called the hotel and talked to a gentleman with an Indian accent. He assured me that it had been taken care of but when we checked in the reservation was still for two nights. The lady at the desk changed it to one night.

Since the hotel is pretty much the same, we decided to explore the area and see what was available within walking distance.

EATING: The hotel key has the phone number for Domino’s pizza but there is a Pizza Hut (can see it from the hotel) and Ciro’s Pizza (in strip mall across the street). Also a place called The Purple Foot that serves lunch from 11-2.

We found a great little place for lunch called STONE SOUP BOOKS AND CAFÉ. Walk across the back parking lot, cross the street, turn right and walk about ½ block. The menu is mostly soup and sandwiches but it is very good. The staff was friendly and attentive.

SHOPPING: Ace Hardware (next to hotel), Family Dollar (can see from hotel), Across street – The Purple Foot (gifts, gourmet foods, cookware); Willow Oak Plaza (strip mall) across street has: CVS, Roses, Peebles, Rummage for Rescue and Advance Auto.

CHURCHES: Numerous churches, various denominations, within a few blocks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bwolfe8140
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Days Inn Waynesboro
#2 of 9 in Waynesboro
Red Roof Inn Staunton
Red Roof Inn Staunton
#6 of 15 in Staunton

Been to Quality Inn Waynesboro? Share your experiences!