“Great service - felt like home”

Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for four nights. Location is really handy, very close to Blue Ridge Parkway and Shenandoah National Park. Also lots of restaurants and shopping places nearby. Outback Steakhouse literally next door. Free breakfast was nice and included everything we were looking for: cereals, pancakes, bagels, etc...swimming pool and jacuzzi great fun for the kids! But most of all: The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff was overwhelming! My wife got sick during our stay and staff did everything to make life easier for us. Thank you so much for making us feel at home!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Booked a room while on the road an hour before arriving. When we checked in, both people at the counter were very nice and upgraded our room without us asking. We ended up with a jacuzzi suite and they even brought in a roll away bed when we mentioned using an air mattress. My daughter loved "swimming" in the jacuzzi! We were hot and tired from a day at Williamsburg and their service was refreshing. It was a quick stay but a good one. Just one recommendation about the breakfast area (which was full of many choices!): when cleaning the tables, please clean the table tops with one rag and the base of the tables with another. We sat and watched the lady use one rag for both. Simple fix.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Booking error on my part but Clinton was able to take care of me when I tried to check in. He even called the local hotels to see if he could find me a room. He and the manager (Eric) definitely went the "extra mile" to take care of me. I was able to come back and stay the following night after they took care of my billing. The room was very clean and the bathroom was clean with a large shower head with plenty of water pressure - great for a cool shower after a great workout. Also nice that my room was right next to the fitness center on the 3rd floor. The fitness center had lots of space and has very nice cardio equipment. The pool and hot tub were a nicer than most hotels I've stayed at. The breakfast had scrambled eggs w/ cheese, biscuits, and many other items to choose from. Overall this turned out to be a great visit. I have added this hotel to my favorites and plan to stay here the next time I'm in town on business.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340 ,for over a week. The staff here treated me like family. All were kind considerate and friendly. The breakfast they offer has everything anyone could possibly want to eat. Free bottles of water, Free goody snack bags. The rooms are very clean . There is plenty of hot water when taking showers (nice big showerheads) . Thank you , to all the staff at Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro ,for such a wonderful stay. I hope to see them all again in the fall.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor with a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and 2 boys stayed in the family suite. The room was amazing and the staff was really friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!!! The location is great too. Many restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. Very easy access from the highway.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Waynesboro, Virginia really made our recent stay for our family reunion memorable. We've stayed at this hotel several times over the last few years and each time has been more and more enjoyable. This year the staff workd very hard to insure that our stay was a great experience. First the staff did their utmost to make sure that the three rooms that we reserved were near each other. In previous years we were somewhat spread out all over the hotel. This year two of our rooms were side-by-side and the third room was only a couple of rooms away. The hotels amenities are excellent (hot brekfast buffet, 24-hour business center, game room and fitness center). The most tremendous amenity is the pool, hot tub and sauna that are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. With a handful of kids and an equal number of adults this was a great facility. Everyone enjoyed themselves tremendously.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We really enjoyed this property. It was very clean and the staff was kind and friendly. The staff was so helpful getting us a nice room. We had no reservation and they searched all rates to help us get the best available. We enjoyed being at the hotel and will certainly stop there agin when we are in the area. Callie is a super employee and will be one of the reason we will certainly return when in the area. The breakfast was just fine. Better than most. I must admit that breakfast in not a top priority for us. Clean rooms and helpful staff are what we always remember. Thanks to all of you at the Waynesboro property.

Room Tip: I would think most of the rooms would be fine. It is in a quite location,but near restaurants.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft
Best Western Staunton Inn
Best Western Staunton Inn
#3 of 15 in Staunton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340? Share your experiences!