“WE LIKED IT”

Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I favor Holiday Inn Express when traveling. I found this property in Waynesboro to be an excellent example of the best of this brand. The front desk staff - Sterling, went well above expectations in helping us on our arrival. We were pleased with the quality of the rooms, the air conditioning, the breakfast, availability of near by restaurants for supper, and the location for either starting the Skyline Drive - or - the Blue Ridge Parkway is perfect. Highly Recommend.

Enjoyed our stay enough to ride our motorcycles an hour longer than planned, in the rain to spend the evening here. This motel is BIKER FRIENDLY!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jack B

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We have stayed here previously almost 4 years ago and had a good stay then.

But this time at check-in, the clerk requested my phone #, I refused & he
seemed perturbed & said that if I left something in the room they would have
no way to contact me (I certainly don't believe that after all the info collected when I made the reservation). Other hotels haven't had this problem. Later, I had a brief
discussion with him that went much better.
There was a musty/smoky smell in the hotel, our office chair tilted back too easily
The roof of the hotel was painted/coated sheet metal, & much of the coating
had peeled off, it gave the place a run-down, unkempt look.
Lavatory faucet did not operate easily or smoothly, needed replacement.
toilet flush was 'jet blast' noisy with high pressure air/water. Could hear flushes
from adjoining rooms & including rooms across the hall. Toilet seat
was very low, even for my wife. Several hard objects had been left under the room's
carpet (from when it was last re-carpeted?). Breakfast room is small and crowded, shower was 1 piece plastic molded
and the bottom was several inches above the bathroom floor, I could stand up in
it but the shower head was lower than usual and had an odd articulated
arm to angle the shower head with.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
hiegmgr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you very much for the honest feedback. It really helps us understand where our main focus needs to be. I will take the time to share this with my staff to ensure we continue to get better.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is an older hotel that has been refurbished. The staff is very polite an friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable. A good value for the price. Free breakfast (topicality fare) and free internet.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I am definitely a huge fan of the non-smoking IHG properties. The reality is, a non-smoking person can smell the smoke, especially a hypersensitive smoke allergy person like me. The staff is very nice, even in the midst of having no A/C in the building (rooms have individual units), but I will not be returning to this property. Even with the remodel, the property feels very dated, dark, and gross.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere unless you are a smoker. Yuck!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear TopTierTiff,

Thank you for the detailed review of our hotel. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered over the smell of smoke. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a typical older yet renovated HIE ... was warm on entry to the room. I liked the almost split room. A sitting area with a semi-wall separating it from the bed area. The service at the reception desk was fine ... very efficient although not familiar with road biking in the area. I expect folks in these locales to know what is going-on so I was surprised when the gentleman was clearly clueless when I asked the question.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Spent I night and loved the hotel. Great location, near the highway and many restaurants nearby. Room was great, breakfast terrific and staff very friendly.would highly recommend to families because of the pool, nearby children's restaurants and free breakfast

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The hotel was clean and the room was quiet in spite of being busy with a sports team staying there. I did not like being on the lower level...it felt a bit like being in the basement. The location is convenient...right off the interstate with plenty of restaurants and shopping close by and downtown Waynesboro a short drive away. Staff was accommodating.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear saramana,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
7 mi away
Best Western Staunton Inn
Best Western Staunton Inn
#3 of 14 in Staunton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340? Share your experiences!