“Great sandwiches and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Purple Foot

The Purple Foot
Ranked #12 of 94 Restaurants in Waynesboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Shenandoah Valley, VA
“Great sandwiches and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

The Purple Foot has been around a long time because it is just good. Sandwiches, overstuffed potatoes, salads, desserts. Try their Lavender lemonade. The outdoor garden eating area is just lovely but inside is cozy. Casual and welcoming. There is also a shop that offers gifts and wine, chocolate and more. Open for lunch except some evenings in the summer.

Visited August 2011

Glen Allen, Virginia
“Excellent variety, and delicious,creative food at The Purple Foot.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

Our waitress was so accomodating and efficient. Their garden dining is just beautiful, and
the Wine/Gift shop is a real added plus. Do try the cheesecake!

• Visited July 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch by the garden.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

Try the crab croissant out by the garden and enjoy a mint sprigged tea because the place gets busy with locals. Selection of deserts are good too as well as the wine.

1 Thank Kauaifb
Waynesboro, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Long Wait!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

I took a group of senior citizens to the Purple Foot for lunch. It was to be a wonderful afternoon outing. I made reservations days in advance and made sure the person on the phone knew I was bringing seniors. We were seated and waited 1 hour for our food to arrive! When I went to ask why the wait I was brushed off by a waitress telling me I will talk to you in a minute. She never approached me again. The kitchen staff just waved at me as I stood at the desk. When the food arrived I said we have waited one hour for our food, the waitress said, the kitchen was set up wrong today that is why you had to wait. I don't really care, I would never bring a group there again!!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank activitiessdrc
West Virginia
“inedible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2011

Our first visit to The Purple Foot is memorable in how awful the food was. My wife, who is tolerant of restaurants, could not eat the potato with shrimp. I tried it, and gagged. It was like some awful creamy soup with shrimp added.
I ordered the ruben, and it was a far cry from a traditional ruben. I think the biggest problem with it was the quality of the ingredients.
All the food was low quality. Service was pretty bad as well. Plastic baskets were used to serve in and they were pretty much thrown at the customers.

• Visited May 2011