“Middleton Inn”
Review of Middleton Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington
Middleton Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Washington B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the cottage on the grounds of Middleton Inn. The cottage was very charming and cozy with a fireplace and lots of good books to read. The bath had soft, comfy robes. The view out front was lovely. The next morning we were served breakfast in our cottage which was outstanding ... fresh baked scones, eggs, fruit, coffee. Yum! We didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Middleton Inn for three nights at the end of March. It is perfectly appointed
and perfectly managed by owner Mary Ann Kuhn. Every detail is covered. Lovely fires in every room, turn down service, professionally ironed sheets, water and ice in each room, afternoon wine and cheese, elegant breakfast, and beautiful grounds. I can't say enough about the luxurious and lovely inn.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We couldn't be happier with our stay at the Middleton. Perfect hot ginger scones for breakfast, friendly yellow Labs to play fetch with, recommendations on things to do in town and down the road in Sperryville... Mary Ann is a warm and easygoing host. Highly recommended if you are eating at the Inn at Little Washington (a three-minute walk) or just want a weekend in the country.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is one of the loveliest Inn's I have encountered in my world travels. The rooms, the service the ambience - it has it all. I love that it is in such a lovely country town with beautiful places to amble....
Top notch!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Middleton Inn is conveniently located just a few blocks' walk from the Inn of Little Washington. It is also close to charming gift & antique shops and a short drive from several wineries. We enjoyed spectacular views and wonderful service at this historic inn. As we arrived, we were first greeted by friendly dogs and delightful cats. Then we were greeted by the caretaker, who showed us to our room and invited us to a wine and cheese reception. Mary Ann, the owner, had left us a “Happy Anniversary” note along with chilled champagne and flutes in our room. We had a very relaxing time and met several interesting couples during our stay. The best part of all was the breakfasts! Each morning, we were treated like royalty to a gourmet three-course breakfast, made with the freshest ingredients. I can't say enough good about the chef; I truly enjoyed the "best breakfasts ever" at the Middleton Inn!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Middleton Inn. Mary Ann treated us like royalty and the breakfast was delicious. We recommend staying in the cottage, although the rooms in the main house looked very nice, too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I Have stayed at some very nice b&b's over the years. We chose this one for our anniversary and it did not disappoint! From the charm of the house to the complimentary champagne to celebrate our anniversary to the warmth of Mary Anne and her staff to to the wonderful breakfast, everything was perfect. Additionally, we ended up with a flat and Mary Anne arranged for someone to come fix it on a Sunday morning at the house - given no place was open in the area, this was very much appreciated. While we waited, we had a chance to talk with the chef, Jeffrey, who is a super nice guy. I'd highly recommend this b&b. My wife and I are already talking about booking the cottage or cabin and bringing the entire fam....

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
The White Moose Inn
#1 of 1 in Huntly
Skyland
Skyland
#1 of 1 in Shenandoah National Park

Been to Middleton Inn? Share your experiences!