Foster Harris House B&B
$1,400
$1,030
$394
Royal Inn Motel(Front Royal)
$54
$66
$80
QualityInn
$85
Skyland(Shenandoah National Park)
$165
  • Restaurant
Front Royal Motel(Front Royal)(Great Value!)
$55
$70
$57
Hotwire.com
All reviewscompton roommy husband and iother guestsnext morningtalented chefsconesmulti courseadirondack chairswine pairingyogurt parfaitspa showerincredible breakfastwelcoming hostsbed and breakfastout of this worldattention to detailmy wife's birthday
Reviewed April 14, 2010

My husband and I, along with another couple, recently stayed at the Foster Harris House for one night. I can confirm the accuracy of the vast majority of positive reviews on Tripadvisor: this place is perfect!

We stayed in the Suite, which was lovely; the rain shower was amazing. The owners were extremely nice and knowledgable about the area, local wineries and the restaurant at the Inn at Little Washington (by the way, our dinner at the Inn was terrific!). Breakfast at the Foster Harris House rivals breakfast at any top restaurant; it was absolutely delicious!

We highly recommend the Foster Harris and look forward to going back. It's perfect for a weekend getaway, even if you don't plan to eat at the Inn. If you go there, don't forget to say hi to Stella (the extremely cute yellow lab).

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cpprep
Reviewed March 8, 2010

My boyfriend and I recently spent the weekend at the Foster Harris House and it was wonderful! John and Diane are attentive and friendly hosts and their house is in a great location. We were able to drive to many nearby wineries, restaurants and shops. Be sure to set your alarm for breakfast!! What a treat! We want to go back as soon as the weather warms up!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RIgby11
Reviewed February 1, 2010

It was out 1st B&B experience. If it’s telling, we even googled B&B etiquette our 1st night! We had no idea what to expect or what to do. John and Diane had personal relationships with surrounding restaurants, vendors and attractions that made our experience much smoother than it would have been otherwise. The breakfast was perfect. I personally found it hilarious that I showed up to breakfast with greasy hair and a t-shirt while another guest was in full pearls and a button-up cardigan. AND the conversation didn’t suffer. I enjoy out of the box experiences and it was certainly that for us.
And of course the Inn at Little Washington was incredible. I’m glad we splurged, although we won’t be able to do that again for quite some time. I think we will be eating at the Thorton River Grille again very soon. That was incredibly affordable and outstanding. I’ve already recommended it to friends.

I had a wonderful time and would recomment this place to anyone, and I already have.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank boyceva
Reviewed January 18, 2010

I found Foster Harris House while searching for a weekend getaway near Shenandoah for my husband and I. They had a last minute cancellation for MLK weekend which was the only reason we were able to take advantage of their January special - two nights for the price of one - this past weekend.

The inn was lovely. John and Diane were wonderful and gracious hosts. And breakfast - well, the breakfasts were definitely the highlight! Great food and beautifully presented. Our room - the Meadow Room - was so warm and comfortable. Our only small wish was that there were fluffier - or more - pillows on the bed. With Shenandoah, Luray Caverns, the shops at Little Washington, and the restaurants in Sperryville (try Thornton River Grille if you're not headed to the Inn at Little Washington) all so close by, this inn was the perfect spot for us for a peaceful winter getaway.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank outdoorsyforacitygal
Reviewed January 8, 2010

We were supposed to go with another couple, when they became ill and had to cancel, we decided to go anyway ;but our ILW table for 4 had to be cancelled . So we went anyway and John found us a table at ILW for a prime 7PM seating. Friendly from check-in to checkout, there's not one complaint we could level. Breakfast was absolutely divine and the atmosphere was relaxed. It was perfect .

We'll be back...hopefully in the Spring for the Tour d'epicure Bike tour that's linked to this B&B. What a really relaxing place to spend a weekend.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple