“A superb new experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington
Fairlea Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 8 Washington B&B and Inns
Dayton, Ohio
“A superb new experience”
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Last week I had my first experience with a bed and breakfast hotel and it far exceeded my expectations.

The Fairlea Farm in Washington Virginia is one of the fines places that I have stayed in long time and certainly a peasant change from the traditional glass and chrome hotel rooms which we find everywhere.

The facility was beautiful and the owners could not have been more cordial and friendly, as well as being very failiar with the surrounding rea.

The breakfast, served truly family style, was superb including home made bread and biscuits which would have been enough to feed a large group.

I would recommend this establishment, without any hesitation to even the most critical traveler. My only fear is that they have set the bar very high and I hope that any other other B& B's that I might visit in the future will come up to their high standards.

Rev. Raymond F. Kaiser

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Georgia
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Fairlea Farms is a great B&B. The surrounding farm offers incredible views and is very tranquil. We spent a few hours sitting in lounge chairs and drinking local wine. The farm is walking distance to the town of Washington, VA and is within driving distance to several restaurants and wineries.

Susan was a great host and offered an excellent breakfast.

We stayed in the suite, which is located downstairs and offers more privacy. My one complaint was that the bed squeaked. Besides that, the place was great.

Overall, the value was ok. As I said, the grounds are amazing and perfect for a romantic getaway; however, I would have preferred to pay slightly less.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Just got back from a one night stay in the meadow room at Fairlea Farm. The inn has a gorgeous location with views of the farm, and is down the street from the town. It's a beautiful place, with areas in and out to sit and relax. The innkeeper we met was very welcoming and kind, and greeted us with fresh lemonade. Our room had a great view and an awesome (and new!) private bathroom with double sinks and a huge walk in shower with multiple jets. There was a lot of care put in the details of our stay. The morning's breakfast was AMAZING, fresh and homemade.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Kensington, Maryland
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Simply a wonderful experience. We had reservations for dinner at the Inn at Little Washington to celebrate my wife's landmark birthday. We needed a local place to stay with our teenage children. Most B&B's were unable to accommodate us with children or teenagers. However, this delightful B&B has a "Family suite" with a pool table and ping pong table to entertain us after our experience at the Inn at Little Washington. The room was great. The owners were gracious, attentive and very friendly. The breakfast in the AM was outstanding. WOW! We will return again in the near future. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Lansdowne, Virginia
Reviewed June 2, 2010

My wife and I stayed here to celebrate our Anniversary along with dinner at the Inn at Little Washington. Fairlea Farm is indeed a great complement to dining at the Inn, which is just three minutes away by car. The Rose Room is comfortable with a recently renovated bathroom (large shower, his-and-her vanities). The highlight is Susan's home-made breakfast each morning, with fresh-from-the-farm fruit, warm pastries, tasty breakfast meats and other treats (ask for the upside-down French Toast). The service is attentive and friendly, while not over-bearing. Definitely a thumbs-up experience.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Midlothian
Reviewed September 18, 2009

We were struck by the beauty and serenity of the location immediately. I imagine it will be spectacular during peak leave season in a few weeks!!
The home is lovely and breakfast was fabulous. The hosts really understand that the "breakfast" is just as important as the "bed".
Our stay was in the ROSE Room which is beautifully decorated. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very quiet. Each room has a private bath, ours had an invigorating shower and two pedestal sinks.
Ahhhh…breakfast!! The hostess, Susan, loves to bake and we, her guests, are the benefactors. Each and every course outdid the last. Be sure to arrange your schedule to savor this incredible way to start your day.
There is plenty to do in the area. Also a great place to stay if you are celebrating a special dinner at the Inn at Little Washington, it is literally right around the corner. Luray Caverns is also close. It is an easy drive up 522 from Richmond and one 65 miles from DC.
This is the first review I have written on Trip Advisor, FAIRLEA FARMS was worth the time. We will go back, I loved it!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed August 22, 2009

I've stayed here several times and am always impressed by the hospitality of the guests, the cleanliness of the rooms, and the extravagence of the breakfast. It's my favorite!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
The Mimslyn Inn
The White Moose Inn
The White Moose Inn
#2 of 8 in Washington
The Inn at Little Washington

Been to Fairlea Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!