“Best dinner we ever had!”

Inn at Little Washington
Reserve with OpenTable
Inn at Little Washington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A Michelin Two Star, Forbes 5 Star, AAA 5 Diamond country house hotel retreat, The Inn at Little Washington presents exquisite American Cuisine with a French influence in a charming and sophisticated dining room. The sumptuous award-winning cuisine is accompanied by a Wine Spectator Grand Award wine cellar with over 2,500 selections.
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I booked our stay on the Inn’s Internet site. I specified that it was my wife’s birthday. I received confirming emails and a phone call. From the time we arrived we were treated like special guests. It was refreshing how attentive and detail oriented the staff were. Once we arrived, our car and belongings were whisked away and we were treated to cocktails and a tour of the Inn. We were escorted past the crackling fireplace to our room, which had been upgraded to Room #10. There was a hand written note from Chef/Proprietor Patrick O’Connell on the table. There were fresh flowers everywhere at the Inn. Beautiful! (Watched the history of the Inn on the big screen in the room.) At 7 pm we went down for drinks. Well stocked bar. At precisely 7:30 pm we were taken to our table. Both menus were pre-printed with my wife’s name and happy birthday! We ordered tuna and oysters, foie gras and scallops, and sea bass and sweetbreads. There were two other courses. We anticipated that this would be the best meal of our lives. It was without a doubt the best meal ever! We ordered foods we have had never tasted before! Awesome! The taste, the presentation, the portions were absolute perfection! The staff magically appeared at the appropriate times. Great wine suggestions! Who knew what to order with sweetbreads? They know! The deserts were pleasing to the eye and the pallet. Two hours. Our overnight stay was over the top! I cannot write this without mentioning the staff. They were professional, took care our every need, and most importantly, were very nice. Thank you Inn at Little Washington for creating an unforgettable memory for my wife and I!

2  Thank Michael K

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been to The Inn at Little Washington for dinner three times this year, February 2013 at the Chef's Table (for our business hitting a huge milestone), June 2013 at the Chef's Table (with two good friends visiting from Charleston, SC), and at a normal table in September 2013 (for my wife's 34th birthday). We are also scheduled to go and experience the Chef's Table again on December 28th as a Christmas gift to our good friends and niece.

Although we have been three times, the experience has amazed us each time. Our first time going, we had the pleasure of having Chris Castle, Ringmaster, as our waiter. He was enthusiastic, pleasant, and knew everythig about the food. We left feeling like we had just been through a dream.

The next two times were the same level of amazing, detail, and tasty food.

Obviously, the restaurant is pricely. Our suggestion - save money for it and then don't go when you have saved enough to just "experience it a little bit more." Take the time to save another $500-$1000 to eat at the Chef's table, get extra desserts, and indulge in the "cheese tray." You won't regret it!

1  Thank VirginiaandBeyond
Reviewed November 24, 2013

There really are no words to describe this jewel in the wilds of Virginia. The setting is gorgeous, and then there's the food/artwork/heavenly bites? Sorry - as I said it's hard to use mere words.
I love Tuna Tartare, but I've never even heard of cucumber sorbet! There was a little heat in the red pepper flakes and sesame seeds on the tuna, but don't worry, you won't notice them with the cucumber sorbet to tame it down. Incredible!
I also love foie gras - in any shape or form - and 2 of my courses had it in spades. Hot and Cold and then atop Tuna (treated like a Filet Mignon) - all of it was amazing, imaginative, and unforgettable.
For dessert, we shared Seven Deadly Sins - every delicious dessert you can imagine in little share-able 2-bite servings. Perfection!
We left for our room (also swoon worthy), feeling very satisfied, but not so overstuffed that we didn't want to eat breakfast, which is also fantastic - of course!
It was a very special Birthday celebration, and most people go to the Inn for an occasion. It will make the next special occasion pale by comparison, but it's worth every penny, so save up for this friendly, welcoming, beautiful destination.

1  Thank luvPR
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Our dinner at Inn at Little Washington was FANTASTIC! The tasting menu courses were the right size and prepared to perfection, not to mention the exquisit service. There were four in our party, and two servers placed each person's course at the same time. The wait staff was well informed and able to answer any questions regarding ingredients, preparation, etc. It was a PERFECT EVENING!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We went here to celebrate our one-month wedding anniversary and the fact that our wedding was completely paid for after a long year of saving and not splurging. So -- we splurged! We chose the a la carte menu simply because we like to share and try new things. I can't say enough about the lamb carpaccio, the mac and cheese, the shot of autumn, the caviar and the fried sweet breads. Delightful! The only restaurant that surpasses the Inn that I've dined at is Ko in NYC ... none of the restaurants in DC come even close the Inn. Not Restaurant Eve and not Komi.

1  Thank leahmonade