“Pure Enchantment”

Inn at Little Washington
Reserve with OpenTable
Inn at Little Washington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A Michelin Two Star, Forbes 5 Star, AAA 5 Diamond country house hotel retreat, The Inn at Little Washington presents exquisite American Cuisine with a French influence in a charming and sophisticated dining room. The sumptuous award-winning cuisine is accompanied by a Wine Spectator Grand Award wine cellar with over 2,500 selections.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We did not think it was possible, but our second visit to the Inn was even more enchanting than our first. This trip was a surprise for my birthday and I once again, felt transported to an alternate universe. My boyfriend booked the Mayor's House which was completely charming. There are two working fireplaces, one of which is massive, stone-faced, wood-burning and in the bedroom. It was a cool weekend, so we were fortunate to be able to use it the whole stay. There is a luxurious bathroom with a huge walk-in shower and deep-soaking tubs. While the entire cottage is lovely and elegant, the most special aspect of this little cottage is the magical private garden in the back. It was hard to believe that the entire garden was for our private use. It was in this garden, amidst a blanket of surreal pink tulips in full bloom, that my boyfriend proposed to me. We sat in that garden, with birds singing, fountain bubbling, sky blue with a light wind, for a very long time. As a gift, Patrick O'Connell sent us a rare bottle of champagne which we are incredibly grateful for. Our engagement dinner was simply spectacular. The main courses were exquisite, however, the highlight of our meal was a visit from "Faira" the rolling cow who carries the cheese course. This experience is not to be missed. We enjoyed a delightful presentation of the cheeses by a fabulous server and we chose exactly what we preferred. We had 5 cheeses drizzled with honey, quince and raspberry preserves served with apricots and almonds accompanied by a special Madeira wine. We had breakfast delivered to the cottage which was delightful. We are pretty sure it was the best bacon we have ever had in our lives and perhaps the best croissants too. I could not have imagined a more elegant engagement weekend. An evening at the Inn is a rare and unique escape from everyday life. The senses work overtime at the Inn and this memory will absolutely last a lifetime. We extend our whole-hearted thanks to Patrick O'Connell and the entire staff at the Inn for making our visit so extraordinary.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

It was a special anniversary, it needs to be because this place isn't cheap, well most certainly not as cheap as this writer. These people have fine dining down to an art. Everyone is made to feel special, in the foyer there was a couple who had arrived on a Harley Davidson but the couple were dressed properly for this restaurant, he even had creases in his leathers. The words left from this visit is Special, memorable, enjoyable, delicious, perfection. I now know it is in the top ten restaurants in this country and it deserves that mantle. i have never eaten anywhere better. I read the reviews and three times a year is a little much for my pocket but if you want your loved one to feel special and enjoy the experience yourself in the process this is the place to be.

My good lady settled for pate do fois gras, she was gushing in praise of it. I am not going to recommend a particular dish they are all fabulous. The only problem is deciding but no matter you wont be disappointed. Another problem is that the better half wants to return soon. She wants to get used to being treated like a lady. She deserves it and whats more The Inn at Little Washington deserves their accolades. Simply this is the best restaurant i have eaten at. Itis on my bucket list to return.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

this is THE destination for foodies.. everything is always perfection.. there is no stone unturned.. worth the price of everything for the food .. the experience, the staff.....we try to go at least twice a year... expensive.. yes... worth it.. yes...

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Inn at Little Washington is one of the best restaurants in the world. The Ambiance is amazing and the food is unique and exceptional. This restaurant needs to be experienced at least once in a life time. The staff is amazing and professional, the location is cozy, the experience is creative.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We(my wife and I) recently went to this gorgeous property for the third time in 10 years.
A tribute to consistency and persistent effort as well as intelligence and creativeness, we left convince that 30 years of success comes also from the attention of details by its chef owner, Patrick O'Connell.
His own design of the kitchen is a proof of that.
The hotel which we originally visited 10 years ago is gone. At least the room where we were. This time we stayed at the Julia Child Suite and it was perfect.
The spacious room has all the amenities you may need and more for you not to leave it until dinner and the following day for breakfast.
I didn't ask but if this sublime boutique hotel lacks something it may be a spa.
The service from arrival to departure is simply immaculate.
As for the dinner, we took the gastronaut's pairing menu which was excellent as expected for the quality of the food and service not to say the beautiful view of the pond and the chinese garden.
The wine pairing with the exception of the chassagne- montrachet and the surprising syrah from Martinelli, was just fine for our taste and ...you don't come for "fine" to this cathedral of the gastronomy.
The breakfast was just fine as well and we missed the marmalade cart(at least 10 different ones) that we saw years ago and that we have not even seen in Tuscany or Provence. Please get it back. Cest la difference !!
As for the check, well that was a discussion that my wife and I had 20 years ago. She said she can buy a premium leather good for said money and I told her that this is the kind of experience that we will remember for live and the after taste will last several weeks.
When we visited the Inn the first time she finally agreed with me.
We shall return before Patrick, who we saw in the kitchen conducting his orchestra, decides to retire. At the path that he goes apparently that will not happen soon.
Au revoir !!