“One of the top ten restaurants in the US for over a decade and still reigning!!”

Inn at Little Washington
Reserve with OpenTable
Inn at Little Washington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A Michelin Two Star, Forbes 5 Star, AAA 5 Diamond country house hotel retreat, The Inn at Little Washington presents exquisite American Cuisine with a French influence in a charming and sophisticated dining room. The sumptuous award-winning cuisine is accompanied by a Wine Spectator Grand Award wine cellar with over 2,500 selections.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We(my wife and I) recently went to this gorgeous property for the third time in 10 years.
A tribute to consistency and persistent effort as well as intelligence and creativeness, we left convince that 30 years of success comes also from the attention of details by its chef owner, Patrick O'Connell.
His own design of the kitchen is a proof of that.
The hotel which we originally visited 10 years ago is gone. At least the room where we were. This time we stayed at the Julia Child Suite and it was perfect.
The spacious room has all the amenities you may need and more for you not to leave it until dinner and the following day for breakfast.
I didn't ask but if this sublime boutique hotel lacks something it may be a spa.
The service from arrival to departure is simply immaculate.
As for the dinner, we took the gastronaut's pairing menu which was excellent as expected for the quality of the food and service not to say the beautiful view of the pond and the chinese garden.
The wine pairing with the exception of the chassagne- montrachet and the surprising syrah from Martinelli, was just fine for our taste and ...you don't come for "fine" to this cathedral of the gastronomy.
The breakfast was just fine as well and we missed the marmalade cart(at least 10 different ones) that we saw years ago and that we have not even seen in Tuscany or Provence. Please get it back. Cest la difference !!
As for the check, well that was a discussion that my wife and I had 20 years ago. She said she can buy a premium leather good for said money and I told her that this is the kind of experience that we will remember for live and the after taste will last several weeks.
When we visited the Inn the first time she finally agreed with me.
We shall return before Patrick, who we saw in the kitchen conducting his orchestra, decides to retire. At the path that he goes apparently that will not happen soon.
Au revoir !!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Everything was very well done, but we just weren't blown away. We had a better meal at Cityzen, for less money. Our server forgot to give us the sherbet course and our bill had an accidental $84 charge that we had to ask be removed. So much for spotless service.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband took me here for dinner for our anniversary. We did not stay overnight so I can't comment on the accommodations. The setting is quaint and adorable. We were greeted by smiling and courteous staff immediately upon arriving. We both enjoyed the 11 course tasting menu. I thought that the pace of the meal was perfect and the portions were just the right size to not leave hungry or stuffed. If you worry that you won't be full, take comfort in the fact that they very generously refill your bread plate throughout the meal. I have never paid $20 for a cocktail before but I was pleased with the flavor and balance of it. Hey, it was our anniversary :) The meal itself was quite memorable, with the thought of several dishes still making my mouth water. The truffled popcorn at the beginning of the meal was whimsical and delicious. The restaurant printed an anniversary message on our menu and also on our dessert, which was a nice touch. The wait staff was very friendly but to be honest, I wasn't completely blown away by that part of the evening. I'm not saying it was bad in any way, I just felt like it was the same as other restaurants that we have been to that cost less to dine at. I only make this point on this review because from what I understand, part of the appeal of this place is that the waiters try to "read" the guest in order to cater to each individual. After dinner we walked through the little garden area that had a koi pond. Very pretty. The rest of the grounds looked wonderful and we would have stayed to have a cigar but we had a long drive home ahead of us. Overall, this was a great experience!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I received a generous $200 gift certificate for this restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. We got very excited until we realized that the gift certificate would barely cover one of us! Thank goodness that we don't drink! The restaurant is set in a charming little town. I wish that we had arrived earlier so that we could walk around the area a little more before dinner. The restaurant itself had a nice "old" feel to it. We ordered from the 3-course menu, but our meal included a couple of surprise goodies. And imagine our surprise when we opened the menu to see a personalized anniversary note to us. They are first class all the way! The food was delicious and artistically presented. Was it worth the price tag? Um, no, because I don't think ANY meal is worth hundreds of dollars.

1  Thank Glenroy2012
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The inn has become a special annual destination to celebrate our April wedding anniversary or April birthday. We keep coming back because the food just doesn't get any better than Patrick O'Connell's creations. If you've never been, and the price is off-putting, just do it anyway! The creations continue to surprise and delight,and you really have to look for reasons to complain.... this time we weren't thrilled with our waiter. He appeared stressed out with a full room of diners to serve, and didn't work to make a connection with us. For example, When I asked questions about a wine he chose for one of my courses, he answered tersely and basically blew me off. This year we didn't notice Alan Greenspan, Andrea Mitchell, Sam Donaldson, or other celebrities who we've seen there, and although it's fun to share a dinner spot with famous people, we don't drive out to celebrity watch. It's all about the food.
After a couple years of feeling like we've overindulged, we decided on the three course meal. I started with the beet trinity- interesting because the main beet was a sorbet shaped into a beet. It was refreshing! Next, I tried a gnocci with wild morel mushrooms, a delectable small sized portion of a treat that asked me to beg for more. My main entree choice was duck with date purée. Although the portion was on the small side (as was the gnocci), the textures of the sauce and meat was more than satisfying. Our server was an expert in pairing each course with a wonderful wine. I ended my meal with caramel ice cream sandwich dessert was perfection. I'm already counting the months for a return visit next year.