“Roses for Mothers Day!”

Foster's Grille
Ranked #45 of 92 Restaurants in Warrenton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Foster's has long been a favorite of ours, and we were very disappointed to see it comedown in Culpeper, which was very nearby. But it seemed like a neat concept, a 35-mile trip to a burger place for Mothers Day. When we walked in, we were each (my daughter and me) handed a rose - a very nice long-stemmed one. It seemed pretty special, and we didn't see a woman come out of there carrying a rose without looking really pleased. I don't know if it was just that Foster's or all of the chain, but it had it have been some trouble to set out to do, and it was a nice touch. And of course the burgers and fries were, as always, pretty perfect.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Best burgers around, made fresh to order so will take some time, and the fries are great also. Not a date night joint but very kid friendly.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Never had a bad burger here. In fact, I don't think I've ever even tried anything else on the menu minus the fries.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We ate here for the first time on Friday, Sept 13. The inside reminded me of The Varsity in Atlanta, loud, long lines, etc. When you walk in you fill out your own ticket and fill up your own drink up. The family in front of us balked at the price of their food, necessitating a trip back to their table for more $. I was next up, ordering for my family of 3 and the bill was $31. For a burger and fries. It was a HUGE burger, but it was still $31, which was unexpected. I, like the family before me, balked out loud about the price, to which one of the workers responded, "This ain't Burger King, ma'am." He was right.

Round trip time from walk-in to receiving our food was about 20 - 25 minutes. There's a glitch somewhere in their system and we tried to figure it out.. maybe that there's only one register and it's parked right in front of the entrance, so it gets all clogged up really fast. This location is perfect, close to one of the high schools and main arteries of this small town, but the service was super slow on our night, which happened to be game night for the football team. Most of the patrons were eating pre-game food. Perfect opportunity for the owners to wow the customers with service so they'll come back... but... bummer.

Ahhh, we'll probably go back again, maybe it was an off-night.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I used to eat here once a month or so, but with consistently poor quality food and nonexistent customer service I think instead of suffering through the experience I could do better ANYWHERE else that served a mediocre burger. Last time my burger was raw, I mean raw to the point of being cold inside. Now I DO like a very rare burger, but raw?? They recooked it two more times! Yep, you got it--THE SAME BURGER! they scraped off the cheese, then it burned on the outside of the burger. Not once, but TWICE!! That makes THREE TIMES on the old grill, and it came back well done and BURNT. I'm surprised they are still in business.