Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Warrenton
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I have stayed here twice on business. The first time was OK, but the rooms are very small, the bathroom is old. The second time stayed the room smelled like smoke, the tv remote did not have batteries so I had to ask for some, it took 5 minutes to get the air conditioner to come on, they had it set on heat 77 degrees in June! Then to top it off one of the employees came to my door knocked twice and then put the key card in the door and came in while I was sitting on the bed! I couldn't get over it, he said he was deliverying phone books, really what hotel does that at 4 in the afternoon. The next day after returning from a long day on the job I return to my room to find that they had deactivated my room key by mistake. I had to go to the desk and have them fix it so I could get in my room! This place sucks! I'm glad the job is paying for this crappy place and not me.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Anita M
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Dear Ms. Anita,

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Warrenton I would like to extended my most heart felt apology to you for the situations you encountered during you last stay. Although we are a 100% non-smoking hotel, some of our guests take the liberty to smoke anyway. They are charged a $250 extra cleaning fee and we do our absolute best to ensure we have deodorized the room, washed all linens and drapery, srub the walls with baking soda, and then run an ozone machine for 8 hours to purify the air. I am sorry that the previous guest smoked in the room you stayed in and we could not remove all of the smoke odor. I also apologize for the tv remote not working appropriately, our housekeepers are instructed to check all lights, tv remotes, clock radios and A/C thermostats are set to the appropriate temperature for the season. We know how frustrating it can be when items in a guest room don't work. We will have to revisit this with our housekeeping staff.
Lastly, I would like to assure you that the safety and security of our guests are our number one priority. All of our staff are instructed to knock on guest room doors 3 times prior to opening the door, and then announcing which department they are in before they open the door all the way. Our maintenance technician was in charge of replacing outdated phone books as his daily project, meanwhile juggling the tasks of fixing miscellaneous items throughout the hotel. I believe the tasks of repairing hotel items delayed his phone book project and he had a few rooms left later in the day that needed phone books. I apologize that you were resting at 4pm and he distrubed you, we try to finish these types of projects by 3pm.

Again, thank you for your feedback, we appreciate all candid comments. It allows us to step back, think, and change the process of how we run the hotel for the best guest experience.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton

Reviewed June 7, 2012

On a Harley, staff let me park the bike in front where there were plenty of lights and eyes around. The room was clean, staff was friendly. I traveled from Florida, thought the fee for a nite was high, but only a couple of hotels in Warrenton, its their ballgame. Wifi was poor, but worked fine in the breakfast area. The breakfast was standard for today's "comes with breakfast" hotels. No restaurant or bar.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
GM_H0lidayInnExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear DocWimer - Thank you for staying with us over the Memorial Holiday and thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am very happy that our staff was able to assist you in parking your motorcycle in front of the hotel where it was safe and sound. Our staff always goes above and beyond to accommodate all of our guests. Thank you also for letting us know that our rooms were very clean and comfortable. We had a few issues with the Wifi, but we had a technician arrive last Thursday and complete a wireless internet upgrade so our guests are now able to connect to the internet with ease and confidence.

Thanks again for your comments, we always appreciate hearing from our guests.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Nothing serious wrong here, but then again nothing too inspiring. I don't know when the hotel was built, but it's been around awhile. The bathroom is where you can really see the age. Our room was adequate, but a bit on the small size. The heating and cooling is good, as you have a wall mounted thermostat. We usually have trouble with those units with the controls attached.
The breakfast was fine, but still not quite the standard we've found in other hotels of Holiday Inn Express. One thing we like about Holiday Inns – the breakfast rooms are spacious, with plenty of tables – spaced far enough apart.
Small pets allowed on first floor at a 25 dollar charge.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_H0lidayInnExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Dear Willrude,

Thank you for your recent posting on TripAdvisor, we truly appreciate all the feedback we receive from all of our guests. We take each comment very seriously in an effort to improve the experience for all of our guests. The hotel is 7 years old, and we have just finished the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites brand relaunch. This entails a new and improved breakfast, new signage, updated bedding package with new pillows and linen. In addition our management staff and all of our team members take great pride in ensuring the hotel is clean, comfortable and well maintained. Most guests think our hotel is only 2-3 years old. I am also very happy to hear that you had an easy time adjusting the temperature in your room.

Thanks again for your comments,

Reviewed October 31, 2011

nice hotel, especially the suites. Great location for sightseeing outside of D.C. Lots of old historial towns in the area and not too far from Skyline Drive and the Luray Caverns. I would give the hotel 5 stars but their continental breakfast is not so good and their towels are scratchy.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovestotravel1944
GM_H0lidayInnExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Dear Lovestotravel1944,

Thank you for your recent comments on TripAdvisor - we truly enjoy receiving all of our guests feedback. It is with comments such as yours that we can alter our practices and procedures at the hotel to ensure all of our guests have the best stay possible. We will look in to our breakfast items as well as the towels to ensure they are the very best quality. Again, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

The stay was decent. Everyone was very friendly and polite. I enjoyed the free breakfast, as it was tasty. You can't go wrong with bacon. My only complaints are that I booked a suite and it was not what I expected. I thought there would be a separate area that I could put the baby in so we wouldn't have to be quiet at 7pm when it was bedtime. But it was just a room with a bed, couch, and little microwave and fridge. I guess that could be considered a suite, but that is not what I imagined.

Also, the beds are not very comfortable. I kept waking up and changing positions because I was getting sore. My husband also said he was sore in the morning but I don't think it impacted him getting any sleep.

But still, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
GM_H0lidayInnExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Dear SpicyCreole,

Thank you for comments on TripAdvisor, we appreciate all of our guest feedback. I am so very happy that you enjoyed our Hot Start Breakfast particularly the bacon. We do have a great breakfast and our guests enjoy our new fresh pancake machine. Also thank you for mentioning that we have a very friendly and polite staff - we have the best service in town.
I apologize our suite was not as large as you were anticipating and the beds were not as comfortable as you would have liked. Each month we inspect our beds to ensure the highest quality so that all of our guests have a comfortable stay.

Again, thank you for your comments, we truly do appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed October 9, 2011

The room was all right, but this hotel was not AT ALL what I expected for $170/night:
- at the booking time, they told me there was a "door" that separated the "parents" bedroom from the kids'. There was no door (or any other separator).
- The WiFi might have been free, but some of the slowest I've had in years (0.1 MB/s) and kept dropping and asking for re-authorization. I even had to get a new authorization code at 6am :(
- the biggest sign of the hotel states right next to the elevator: "Use the stairs in case of fire". But the stairs are nowhere to be found...
- Breakfast coffee was horrible and they consciously took away all potential breakfast items at 10:01am on a Sunday morning. Not what I would expect from a "Holiday" Inn...

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Dear Nicothed,

I apologize that you did not have the wonderful experience that most of our guests have while staying with us. We do have some adjoining rooms in the hotel where guest rooms are separated by a door, and then we have suites that are larger than our typical guest rooms, but these are just larger rooms with no separator. I apologize that we could not accommodate you and your family in adjoining rooms. I have also contacted our internet provider to see if there are any issues with our internet and they have assured me that all is well and working. Lastly I apologize that our stairs were not visible to you, we indeed have two at each end of the hotel that lead directly to our outside parking lot or 1st floor. In addition, I want to thank you for your feedback, it is with comments such as yours we can alter our practices and procedures to ensure we have the best hotel possible. I will personally taste our coffee this week to ensure it is of high quality.

Again, I appreciate your comments,

Reviewed October 3, 2011

I just checked out of the Holiday Inn Express, and had a very enjoyable stay. The large room was beautiful, and extremely clean. Breakfast bar was delicious, especially the fresh made pancakes. Katrina, Faye and staff went above the call of duty to make my stay a pleasant one. Thanks all....I appreciate your kindness.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
GM_H0lidayInnExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

Dear EJDMyrtle,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us. We are so very happy that you particularly liked the large and clean room, delicious breakfast and fresh made pancakes. Both Katrina and Faye as well as our entire staff are among the best in the industry. Thank you again for your positive feedback, it is truly appreciated.

Milan Patnaik

Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenton
Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton
WoodSpring Suites Gainesville
#2 of 3 in Gainesville
Hampton Inn Gainesville-Haymarket
Best Western Culpeper Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton? Share your experiences!