“Excellent”

DC Skydiving Center
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

One of the best experiences of my life! I have always wanted to go skydiving and I'm so glad that I chose DC skydiving center! Had an amazing time felt very secure! Wonderful instructors who were encouraging and energetic!

Visited April 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Terrible Customer Service”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The manager at this business actually said he welcomes negative reviews because it, "shows future customers we are serious about our policies." What it shows is that they are VERY okay with poor customer service. Apparently, they are also okay with cursing at customers and being generally rude. I would never recommend this company to anyone concerned with how the employees treat paying customers.

I purchased a Living Social deal with DC Skydiving Center back in March and made a reservation for May. On the day of the jump, my friend (who also made the same purchase) and I were in the car on the way to the center when we got an email (not even a phone call) just before the jump saying it was cancelled due to high winds. I appreciate the safety aspect here, but the timing was really poor. We had to turn around and head home. It would have been nice if they had made the call a little earlier. I called and rescheduled for July. This is where the problem started. Two days before the jump, something came up and I had to cancel. The girl I spoke with informed me that because I was calling within 48 hours of the jump, I would have to be charged $50 the next time I called to reschedule. I argued that I was only 45 minutes short of that 48 hours and she wasn't willing to budge. I figured I'd just eat the $50.

I called yesterday to reschedule and was told I would now be charged $100, $50/person in the reservation. This is their cancellation policy- this I understand. I thought this was a bit much considering I was only 45 minutes late in cancelling. I was directed to speak to the office manager, Sean. That is who I spoke with today. The conversation started off well, and he was very thorough in making sure that I knew that everything was handled electronically and it was out of his control that I was within the 48 hour cancellation window. I tried to explain that I thought it was slightly absurd that they cancelled on us for the first jump just moments before it, but because I was a few minutes late, I would now be charged $100. The manager began to use curse words and did not seem to comprehend or care that I was disappointed. Furthermore, he said I should have been charged back in July. I told him that since I would not be rescheduling at all now (due to his attitude), I would not be paying that $100. It became clear I was getting nowhere with him, so I ended the call and thanked him for his time.

Note that Living Social also called him after I called to complain about the customer service and they, too, came back to me and said he was rude and difficult.

Finally, I noticed that right after our call, my credit card they had on file from the booking deposit had been charged. I had clearly ask they hold off on this but Sean of course did not care. I called to ask why he had done this and he said, "Oh well since you should have been charged in July, I took care of it for you so you're all set- would you like to reschedule now?" I told him I would never be booking with them and I was unhappy about the $100 charge. This was a complete waste of time, energy and money. Living Social seemed to agree with me and issued me my money back into my account.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank renn3e
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Perfect First Jump”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is the perfect place for a first jump. The instructors all seem to be great with their customers and extremely experienced. Inan, in particular, made me feel so completely comfortable and safe that I was able to relax as soon as I was out of the plane.

I recommend purchasing the VIP package. It guarantees you on the first plane, which gets you out of there in around 2 hours, compared with the 4 they tell you to plan on being there if you're not VIP. You also get other perks like upgraded t-shirts, not waiting in line, and discounts on video/still photos.

I was never inclined to jump out of a plane, but after this experience, I would do it again.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank DCTravelers007
Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Skydiving Misadventure”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Gaithersburg, MD
9/5/2013
So below is what I wrote in response to my sky diving trip when asked if I enjoyed it:

I am writing you concerning my experience on August 31st at 0800. 6 of us purchased Living Social Deals and were looking forward to an experience together. When I arrived, I began filling out the paperwork, Ipad, and check in. I heard my name called and was fitted by Yuriy Lupalo (name on the certificate). He asked me if I was getting photos and I told him no, and he then asked me why. I told him I had skydived a few times before and am not really a picture person. The smile and the conversation ended there. Mr. Lupalo barely spoke to me. Now, a few of my friends were on the fence about buying, but their guides had cameras in case and were posing for photos, full of energy and smiles. My thought was.....should I have lied and said that I wanted photos?!? Would my guide then speak to me?
Once on the plane, I was second guessing why in the world I was jumping with this guy.....but I only saw a few instructors and figured that I might as well go through with it so that we could all jump together (my mistake). I figured that at the very least he is attached to me and I'm sure he plans to survive this jump. Next to me was my friend Ted and his guide from Miami, Florida. He (The guide) asked me if I was having fun and I told him, "No, I just wish I had a friendly/ nice person to jump with. He won't even speak to me." The other guide said, "Talk to her, come on......." Still, no conversation. The guide from Miami asked me where I was from, it I had jumped before, etc....... which was nice to take the edge off and in my opinion a bit of basic small talk to put me at ease. When it came time to put on the safety hooks he again barely spoke. The only guidance given was to put my head back, bend legs, etc. WE jumped which we had no issues with except for when he wanted to do sharp turns (spin us). We landed and he unhooked me, I wasn't sure what to do and started to head back in and he told me, "stand here."
I went to clear my ears and that is when he told me not to do that. Let me explain that I had reconstructive surgery to my left ear. I must "clear" my ear in order to hear due to pressure build up with my tympanic membrane. I told him I needed to clear my ear and again he told me to stop. I said, "Sir, I have to due to having my ear rebuilt from a scuba injury....." He cut me off and said that this wasn't scuba!" At that point I was pretty much fed up, I looked to my left and saw my friend Ted and his guide from Miami.........and that guide told me I could walk back in with them. I never saw my guide again.
Once inside we were sharing stories, some ended up buying the pictures, etc. That's when I learned that the instructors receive a large portion from the pictures/video........so once Yuriy knew he wasn't pocketing anything from me, he was ready for his next person to jump in order to receive more money.
Customer service should be a huge priority, but honestly for some it is all about the money. I would be concerned who you hire and maybe insist that everyone MUST buy photos (put it in the price) for a positive experience (whether the smile is fake or not) or maybe make that money be split like the tips......... The people at your call center were kind when I booked and when I called to tell them about the issues with my instructor. I also spoke to Sean who in my opinion was just listening to me and offered no resolution or that he was going to speak to the instructor, etc. Just my thoughts.
I did hear back immediately from this message when I sent it........I was offered another jump with another instructor at a discount. I declined and appreciate the thought.....lesson learned....read the posts and pick a great person to go with it makes all the difference in the world.

I wish you a great day and thank you for your time.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank rondatobi
Reston, Virginia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Everyone Was Smiling When Coming In For a Landing (IE No Tears)”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The staff was professional. At no point do you feel that anyone is skimping on safety. All ages. All sizes (almost). Videos and photographs are worth the price. You may get a better deal if you negotiate the price of this when making a reservation. So much fun!

Visited July 2013