“Wine and Olive Oil”

Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Warrenton
Annapolis, Maryland
“Wine and Olive Oil”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is a great place to sample wine as well as infused olive oils. Must try the Greek rose wine with hints of pine and rosemary. The olive oils are delicious and make for a great addition to your pantry. I must see!

Visited January 2013

Woodbridge, VA
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“A Beautiful Weekend Escape”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I captured a deal to visit this Vineyard and we were pleased. We drove up on a sunny day and it was a sight for sore eyes. It is family owned and the sisters were quite welcoming. We walked inside to a bar where we had the opportunity to taste various flavored oils. My favorite was lemon flavored while my husband liked the blood-orange flavor. I loved the grecian pieces hand picked from Greece, the age old dining table being among my favorites. We were given a tour of the facility and told how they purchased the land prior to recently building the facility. You can tell it's fairly new. One of the sisters was the tour guide and she was quite informative. We were told of the process of making kosher wines, which was quite interesting and given a walk through of the vineyards. I was captured by the outside scenery. There is a brick platform a little ways from the main winehouse where you could have outside weddings and a nice pond nearby. So beautiful. We had little time as we were wine hopping but we can honestly say that Molon was among our favorite places and we hope to return to taste stay awhile and taste all of the wines. We were given a nice basket with wine glasses with Molon Lave etched in them, sausage, and cheese. It was a nice takeaway from this lovely winery.

Visited November 2012
Hughesville, MD
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 217 helpful votes
“Good olive oil, so so wines”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I had a groupon for an olive oil tasting, winery tour and cheese and cracker basket. The Groupon states to make reservations, however, I forgot to do so. I called the winery about 45 minutes from arrival. They stated they would prefer reservations, however, they will not turn us away. When we arrived at 11:50am, we were met very graciously and given an olive oil tasting consisting of a plate with small pieces of bread to share. They stated the olive oils were from Greece. They had Lemon, Orange, Basil, Garlic, I bleive Rosemary and one other. We purchased the Garlic - $17 for a 375ml bottle. I had to persuade my husband into this purchase, he liked the flavor too but felt it was expensive. Next, we went on the winery tour which was given by the middle daughter of the owner. The tour was very informative, she encouraged questions, it lasted about 40 minutes. After the tour, we did the wine tasting which was not part of our Groupon and cost $5 per tasting. The had a variety of wines, however, I only liked two. The wine prices ranged from $18-$29. We purchased the Chambouricin for $22. They had a few tables outside on the patio overlooking the pond which made for a nice view but it was windy and felt a little too chilly to be outside PLUS their was a table with three small children. I'm sorry, bringing children to a winery does not make sense to me. People are trying to relax and drink their adult beverages, hard to do with children running around making noise. There were also a few tables inside, so that is where we went. The cheese and cracker basket with the Groupon was nice consisting of one block of cheese, a large box of crackers, a small package of pepperoni, a wine opener and a can of chocolate cookies. It would have been nice if they had some live music. I enjoyed our visit, however, I don't think we would return again.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Fishtherapy
IMG_0020.JPG
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“requires return visits!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

nice atmosphere, warm and friendly staff, prices reasonable. many thanks to Evie for making the birthday group feel at home.

Warrenton, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wines need some time”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Beautiful setting. Some of the wines are delicious - others so so. I tend toward sweeter wines and find them to be nice. Autumn nectar is yummy.

Visited July 2012