“Romantic Dinner”

Claire's at the Depot
Reserve with OpenTable
Claire's at the Depot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 86 Restaurants in Warrenton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lee Street
Warrenton, Virginia
“Romantic Dinner”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Claire's is THE PLACE in Warrenton for that special dinner. Impeccable service, awesome food, daily menus and a cozy atmosphere make it special. Not priced for every night, but never fails to make an evening out a special event.

Visited February 2014

Warrenton, Virginia
“Balanced on Quality”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Oh! I thought my husband and I had found the PERFECT place, FINALLY, in Warrenton - where we have lived since we were kids in High School.
The first six or so times were just unbelievable quality and value. Then it happened. We called on Valentine's Day, were told that they were full, but if we would eat in the bar area, come on down!
We did, and they'd set up a cute little area in the window. When we got there (we're only about ten minutes away), we were told that it was a good thing we came right away, as they were ready to give our table away. Not a good greeting. Our now regular waitress served us. Our choices were Shrimp and Grits, and also the special southwest-rub Ribeye steak. My steak was quite tough, and just not the same quality that I've had there. It was almost well done, but I had ordered medium-rare. We got the feeling that they'd run out of meat and bought some. The Shrimp and Grits, as my husband has ordered about four times, were fantastic. The service that night was extremely uncoordinated, which is not the mark of this normally smoothly-run restaurant. They were so busy that I just ate and shut up. I had half, then asked that it be boxed up so I could enjoy a piece of dessert with my husband, as it was a special day! I had saved my steakbone for munching on, but of course, not in public, and was very sad to find at home that it had not accompanied me home. The price was about $30.00 so I was surprised that all of my meal had not been boxed.
The special cheesecake was of lesser quality than the steak, leading to the same wondering if it came from another source. We could not eat it - it tasted stale and was soggy. We had a very hard time getting our check, as it was so very busy.
Honestly, we were so pumped up to find this restaurant, and eventually, will return. This Valentine's Day experience was enough to remove our taste for the restaurant for awhile. We totally understand that this was an extremely busy night, yet expected a restaurant of this calibre to be better prepared and experienced in such an occasion. I wanted so much to rave on and on about Claire's, but maybe this will happen in the future?! I am keeping my fingers crossed! We'll definitely go on a non-special occasion day, and suggest you do the same.

• Visited February 2014
Jeffersonton, Virginia
“Wonderful find”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I, on a trip to the area, decided to dine here on our first night. What a wonderful choice. The food is an absolute delight and the service was beyond compare.

Don't miss out on this little gem!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank JSTAUD63
Fredericksburg VA
“No tracks, no trains just wonderful food”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Hidden away on a side street this restaurant is a gem. Quiet, cozy, country inn feel to this
renovated railway station. Menu is sure to delight many. Quality and preparation of the food was excellent. Highly recommend!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank foodhobbyist
Virginia
“Great Place for a Good Meal (at a price)”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

A very nice place to eat - open at select times (11:30 - 2:30 for lunch and 5:00-9:00 for dinner) - closed on Monday's. Upscale decor although you don't have to dress upscale. The service was timely and polite. The She Crab soup and Tuna Wontons were great. The steak quesadilla was fantastic while the steak sandwich was one of the best ever. Will definitely go back. Not a cheap place to eat but value is comparable to others.

• Visited March 2014