“Wonderful Food”

Claire's at the Depot
Reserve with OpenTable
Claire's at the Depot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 90 Restaurants in Warrenton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lee Street
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I were in VA touring wine country for our anniversary. Claire's came highly recommended on our tour and did not disappoint. We were able to get a last minute reservation and enjoyed a great dinner. Our server was very attentive and the food was excellent. I had the scallops and my husband had the porterhouse steak. It was quiet and the French 75 was perfectly prepared.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a trip to Warrenton from the Northern VA suburbs, and selected Claire's based on the Tripadvisor reviews. Great choice. Very warm breads before the meal. We both had the fish of the day, halibut, served hot. Delicious meal, attentive service to our drinks, and terrific desserts. I also had one of the Virginia produced ales that they had on tap.

Claire was nice enough to introduce herself to us during our meal.

Plenty of parking behind the depot, but on gravel, so keep that in mind for anyone with mobility issues.

Based on a recommendation of one of the regulars, we may try their brunch in the future. It is worth the drive.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This restaurant is in the historic part of downtown Warrenton. It used to be a train depot. It is rustic and elegant at the same time. Beautiful atmosphere inside and a garden in the court yard. The wait staff were impeccable. Our meal was absolutely excellent. Nice warm rolls to start off. We then had the Cornmeal Crusted Chesapeake Oysters and also the crab in lettuce cups appetizers. Both were perfect! My husband had the Stuff Shrimp with Crab meat sided with an arugula, orzo, garden tomatoes and feta for his entrée. I had the Rockfish special sided with green beans and orzo for my entree. Once again, the chef knows what they are doing. Prepared perfectly and just a wonderful taste. We splurged and had dessert too. I had the key lime cheesecake and my husband had the Chocolate Buttercream cake. Our taste buds couldn't have been happier! This restaurant was so good. It's a little pricey, but not real high, and worth every penny. Would highly recommend and can't wait to go again. Make sure you make reservations; it fills up quick.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

How fortunate we were to have been directed to Claire's by several locals. This is haute cuisine deserving of even greater acclaim than best in Warrenton. We love this immaculate town,and now have another great reason to visit - this is one of the best restaurants we have ever had the good fortunate of stumbling upon. It has been done many times - the rehabbing of an old train station, but this architectural achievement is truly special - resulting in an airy, romantic atmosphere. The service was top-shelf. The menu is varied and focused on fresh, local ingredients. We shared cornmeal-dusted Chesapeake oysters for our appetizer and decided to both have the special - scallops in a kind of boulliabaise broth - delicious! We also were treated to some fine wine pairings suggested by our server. We will now make a concerted effort to retrace our steps when we return home just to experience this wonderful restaurant.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Good food, great service and very pleasant ambience, in a converted train depot. How can you go wrong?