“meh”

McMahon's Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 92 Restaurants in Warrenton
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Specializing in warm hospitality,excellent food and friendly service.Come on in and relax. Open seven days a week. Also available for events and parties,corporate and private.
Reviewed June 27, 2014

When this place first opened it was considerably better. The cobbler soup (potato and leek) was fine as was the bangers and mash. My wife was not satisfied with her dinner including the cheesecake. On the bright side, my son enjoyed the Gallagher burger. It's unfortunate to see this restaurant decline in value as it can be a fun place to dine and enjoy a beer.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Lots of people really seem to dig McMahon's, and I will admit, it does have some ambiance if you go there at the right time. However, there are also far too many people who hang out here (seemingly regularly -- at least when I went there more often) that are just looking for trouble/there to get completely trashed. Don't get me wrong, I'd expect that in a college town full of 20-somethings, but that's not really the crowd you see here, and when 40-50 year old people are power drinking and looking for trouble, it's more bizarre than anything else. I certainly can't say that all the people in there are that way, and I don't frequent the place anymore, so my review may be quite out of date.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We all had a great time but would like to see them hire some country bands the atomophere is very nice, great food but they need to make the dance part bigger .

Reviewed December 29, 2013

My wife and I live in Yorktown, VA and travel through Warrenton on our way to Morgantown, WV to visit my 95 yr old Father. We always stop at McMahon's for a meal, drink and to experience a genuine positive Irish Pub experience! We look forward to this stop on each way of the 6-hr drive to and from. The Staff is always very real, friendly demonstrating great customer service! Food has always been very tasty and of great value! Congratulations to the Owners and Staff!

Emmet G, Owner at McMahon's Irish Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We are so happy that you stop on your way to Morgantown. I enjoyed meeting & talking with you.

Emmet Gallagher

Reviewed December 9, 2013

After having tried McMahon's several times I feel I can give the drinking experience a thumbs-up but the dining experience a thumbs-down. The array of beer on tap is nice and it varies from time to time. The house wine is OK but be prepared for the old style tiny wine glasses. It's an Irish Pub, what did you expect? The food is hit or miss, usually a miss. The Reuben is the best item I have found. I found the menu on the expensive side for what is offered. I admit I have not tried their traditional Irish Sunday dinner, which looks foolproof and good. Smokers will like the separate indoor smoker's bar.

Emmet G, Owner at McMahon's Irish Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Hello,
I want to thank you for your review of our restaurant. We are grateful. These reviews help us to become better at what we do; we are very proud of our pub, restaurant, and staff. I would like the chance to speak to you directly to get more information about your previous visits. I have sent you a private message that I hope you get.

My email is info@mcmahonsirishpub.com or number is 540.347.7200