“OK, but too fancy and pricey”

McMahon's Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 95 Restaurants in Warrenton
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Specializing in warm hospitality,excellent food and friendly service.Come on in and relax. Open seven days a week. Also available for events and parties,corporate and private.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

It's all in what you like I guess. It does not remind me of any Irish pub I have visited, more formal than I prefer, and their menu pricing is high.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stopped at McMahons on a Sunday after a day of wine tasting at the local wineries. It is billed as part Irish pub and part restaurant. The food choices are more in line with "pub" food, certainly not sophisticated restaurant fare.

Beginning at 5:00 PM on Sundays, they have Irish music. The musicians appeared to multiply in the time we were there. It appears that it is like an open mike event, where musicians simply join in. Pretty cool.

Our group ordered the shepards pie, irish stew, and mushroom ravioli. The food was ok, not spectacular but then again not bad. I thought the ravioli portion was quite small.

Overall, our experience was OK - nothing extraordinary, but the atmosphere with the Irish musicians playing will likely bring us back again for an Irish beer when in the area.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Good food, nothing pretentious about the place at all. Servers were nice and courteous. Even my kids now order off the adult menu and my youngest has started loving lamb. The food is decent, have never had a bad meal there though I also go when it is not crowded. I have been there with larger family groups and have been very pleased.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I like how they set this place up. There is a nice restaurant section, a smokeless bar where the usually have live music on the weekends, and a "smoking bar" in the back. The building is quite old and they have dressed it up with appropriate antiques and photos from Ireland. Much of the staff is Irish, and so are the owners. It is a locally owned restaurant and they are active with the community. All this and the food is very good also! Try the Guiness battered baked Brie, and I love all of the Boxtie dishes. My husbands favorite is the Shephards Pie. We both also love the Bangers and Mash! The service is always good as well. If you like Irish food, you will like this place.

1  Thank Karrot719
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Just an average Irish Pub and Restaurant. More bar than anything else without the "pub" food. Restaurant was OK - nothing fancy but the food was reasonable - maybe a bit overcoked,