“I don't understand how this place stays open”

McMahon's Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 86 Restaurants in Warrenton
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Specializing in warm hospitality,excellent food and friendly service.Come on in and relax. Open seven days a week. Also available for events and parties,corporate and private.
Warrenton
“I don't understand how this place stays open”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We've tried this place twice and both times were a huge disappointment. The first time we went, the service was horrendous. We barely saw the wait staff and the food was mediocre. Since there always seems to be a crowd there (is the draw the bar???) we decided to try it again. Old fries were literally cooked twice and mixed in with some fresh fries and served to me with my meal. My daughter's mac and cheese might have well been made by her, complete with chunks of powdered cheese. The only reason I don't give this place a terrible review is because my sandwich was at least edible. Save your money and go somewhere else.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank jwalkerr

“Very Good Irish Food”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Many choices and the ones we've tried are very good. Service is quick and servers have always been pleasant.

Visited April 2012
Bealeton, Virginia
“GOOD FOOD”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stopped in on a whim, we were driving by and it didn't look too busy but that changed after we sat down the crowd started coming. Nice atmosphere with plenty of parking and the food is good too.

Visited May 2012
“Very Good!”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I Always get the Shepherds Pie, delicious! Very friendly staff. Good place to go as a group but not on St Patricks Day....too crowded and noisy and prices increase for the day!

• Visited March 2012
Warrenton, Virginia
“I can't eat that fast!”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

A Saturday night, before the crowd. 4 tables, 3 waitresses. Initially looked promising. Woman who sat me told me all about the Irish heritage of the place. I asked if my Guinness would be a slow pour. she assured me it would.

The waitress comes by. I order my Guinness. I receive it about 2 minutes after ordering. It had no head at all. I didn't bother ordering a second.

Next the food. I ordered a salad, appetizer and entree. The salad and appetizer came at the same time. The main course, my rib eye steak, came 60 seconds later. How the hell am I supposed to eat this?? I gave up on the salad and appetizer because the steak cost more. I then ate what I could of the rest. When I mentioned to the waitress that the food should not all come at once, she laughed and walked off.

She came by several times while I was eating to ask if everything was ok but when it came time pay the bill, she took forever to visit my table. She checked on the table next to me but never looked at my situation once to see if I was done.

The food tasted fine. The service was crappy. In a not-so-crowded restaurant I shouldn't have to stand up with semaphore flags to try to get my waitresses attention from the far side of the bar.

I will not be returning. Molly's on Main St. has always been just about perfect and I'll be going there from now on.

• Visited July 2012