“Lovely getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Warm Springs B&B and Inns
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“Lovely getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We visited the Inn for my birthday weekend and stayed in the Bromley Room. With it's fireplace, king sized bed and little balcony we felt right at home! Our room was spacious and so was the bathroom. I always love when a robe is provided and this one was really comfy! The fireplace was all set to go and we were excited to have a cozy fire both evenings of our stay! We were disappointed that we couldn't play the bean bag toss game outside but enjoyed relaxing on the chairs near the spring. The breakfasts that were provided and brought to our room both days were perfect and the freshly squeezed orange juice was a nice treat! We usually stay at The Homestead when we visit Bath County but we chose this Inn this year instead. We were not disappointed and actually plan to return for another visit next spring!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KYtoVA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We were booked in to the Inn for one night, we had a lovely meal (at the bar - we hadn't thought we would need to book!) and a great night sleep, unfortunately...or perhaps fortunately as it turned out, we couldn't travel to our next location due to the government shutdown.

We enquired about staying another night, all the staff we encountered went out of their way to help us, we booked to eat in the restaurant and had a superb meal with a fantastic bottle of wine, all at a very reasonable price.

We stayed in the silo for our second night, it is a very memorable, unique and comfortable room, the breakfasts are fantastic (breakfast in bed) you simply call when you want it, one of the staff brings a range of breakfast foods along in a hamper - they even catered for our 'unusual' English taste for tea (with milk).

I would highly recommend staying in this fantastic place set in an idyllic location, nestled in the Virginian mountains.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katybignell
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Drove up the mountain with approximately 8 plus inches of snow on the ground. Reception was about as easy as possible. We were also able to move our dinner reservation forward after a couple drinks at the cozy bar. Everything from the beets to the pasta and trout was delicious and extremely well done. Dinner service was sharp and efficient without being overbearing. We were able to get a couple Samuel Smiths for 'dessert' by the fire in our room. We had a beautiful view of the snow-covered road out front. The bedding made for a very comfortable night's sleep. I must admit that I had no idea that breakfast would be served in our room. Some of the best biscuits and desperately needed coffee to brace us for the trip down the mountain. The breakfast service (Julie?) was super friendly as well. Owners loaned us a broom to free the car from 10 inches of snow and we were on our way. Would recommend this inn to anyone. No questions. No issues.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I booked the Loft room at Gristmill Square for my boyfriend's birthday weekend. We visited the Jefferson Pools (definitely recommend) then came to check in at the B&B. The room was clean and well maintained. We had a cute little bathroom and a patio off the room too. I'm super picky about hotel cleanliness and I had ZERO complaints.

The staff are SO friendly, when we left to explore we asked the woman at the desk if there was somewhere nearby we could get coffee. She misunderstood at first that we were just asking for directions and offered to jump up and go make us some coffee! So nice and welcoming.

We had a few drinks at the pub before having dinner at Waterwheel. The food was great, and the service was fabulous. We split a bottle of wine with dinner and hung out for awhile after we were done eating. We never felt rushed or hurried, the staff were really great.

In the morning we got our breakfast delivered to the room (it's included in the price of your stay). It was a cute basket of coffee, juice, pastries (berry scones and some spinach and cheese puff pastries which were amazing) and fruit.

I originally found Gristmill online because I was looking to make a reservation at Homestead before I realized how insanely expensive that place is. Gristmill was only $120/night and included breakfast. It was also quieter, more welcoming, and so lovely. We went to check out Homestead and it was insanely busy and just did not look relaxing at all.

The area has a lot to offer, we went hiking in GW national park on Sunday and had a great time. There's also a few bars/taverns near Homestead that we grabbed a drink at during the day. If you come in the summer there's a ton more to do than in February.

We both agreed we would DEFINITELY come back here.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Loft Room, which is above the office. It was super private at night and had a cute...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kaitlyn M
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Loved this Inn! First time B&B guest, I had heard a lot of great things about the restaurant and was eager to stay. Warm Springs is located half way from Roanoke, VA to Snowshoe WV, which was our destination. We arrived late, due to snowy weather, around 10pm and were too late to enjoy dinner but did get a sneak peak at the restaurant because it also doubles as a front desk. The restaurant looked very charming and I would recommend checking it out during your stay.

The room (Croft) was amazing. It had a large bedroom area with wood burning fireplace (they have everything set up so the only thing you need to do is light a match), flat screen TV, queen size bed which was comfortable and had nice linens. The bathroom was also large and featured a new design, of the old claw foot soaking tubs and it also had a separate shower area.

The next morning was also amazing with their BIB (breakfast in bed), a quick call to the Inn keeper and they deliver a breakfast basket of the best continental breakfast you (or I or anyone) have ever had! Fresh squeezed orange juice, hot coffee with cream and sugar, homemade savory croissants (egg and cheese) and chocolate croissants, yogurt (I believe to be homemade) with blueberries and granola! I'm telling you it was fabulous!!

The rates are ridiculously competitive and the Inn keepers are super friendly. They have taken away all of my reservations about staying at a B&B's and I can't wait to return!!

Room Tip: Their website gives a great description of the rooms and availability.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I discovered The Inn at Gristmill Square passing through Warm Springs on the way to Snowshoe two years ago. I found their website and decided I would stay at the Inn the next time I was passing through. I had originally booked the Rye room, but I received an e-mail several days before I was going to arrive stating that room was having maintenance issues and management had upgraded me to the Singapore room. The Singapore room was absolutely wonderful. My son started a fire in the fireplace as soon as we walked in the door. He was amazed by the shower in this room. It has multiple showerheads and is a tile surround. It was nice to have the toilet and shower in two different rooms. The bed and bedding were very comfortable. The room was right on the street, but the street is not heavily traveled, so we were not bothered by street noise. This room is directly across the courtyard from the pub/restaurant and I was afraid that would create a noise problem, but it did not. The breakfast that was delivered to our room in the morning was excellent. It consisted of biscuits, blueberry and white chocolate chip scones, coffee (for me) and hot chocolate (for my son). It was great not to have to leave our room for breakfast. The Inn exceeded our expectations in every way imaginable and we can't wait to return the next time we are headed to Snowshoe.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stayed Saturday night in one the of the Miller's Farm House suites and it was very clean and cozy. Breakfast delivered to your room in the morning was just right. What really made the stay wonderful was dinner Saturday night in the Waterwheel Restaurant. The restaurant is in an old grist mill and was very charming. Started out going down to the wine cellar where you can pick your own bottle of wine. My wife started with a Beet Salad - sliced beets, crumbled Blue Cheese, Walnuts w/Balsamic Vinaigrette and I had French onion soup. Both were superb. My wife had the fresh stuffed Trout and I had Beef tips w/mushrooms over Tagliatelle pasta. Unbelievable meal. To top it off we shared the cream brulee with Caramel Gelato. Our server was fantastic. Having worked at the Waterwheel restaurant for 32 years, she hasn't lost a beat !!! Wonderful overall expeience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
GristmillSquare, Owner at Inn at Gristmill Square, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience with others. We enjoyed having you with us and take great pride in knowing that you enjoyed your stay at the inn and in the restaurant. We hope that you will be back again sometime. Best, John and Kate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warm Springs
Hill Crest Bed & Breakfast
Hill Crest Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 4 in Clifton Forge
5.0 of 5 stars 28 reviews

Been to Inn at Gristmill Square? Share your experiences!