Sari Pacifica Hotel, Resort & Spa Sibu Island
TAd Marine Resort(Pulau Tinggi)
$166
Rimba Resort(Pulau Sibu)
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed one night the last weekend and am I glad its only one night! The resort is let down by extremely poor maintenance and management. The water from the tap has a strange stench and acrid taste, which I had to rinse off using bottled water. For the price, the food is a total let down in terms of variety and not something I would expect in such a hotel. The only redeeming feature is the location - a great beach.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank sim0ncham
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Upon reading few of the reviews we wondered if it will only be a bad holiday but at the same time we couldn't waste the holiday package. After driving for almost 5 hours we hoped it better be worth that at least. And to our surprise the place was better than we expected!

Let's start with the Villa. We stayed at the Sea View Villa and it was pretty big and comfortable. But we couldn't use the bath tub for the metal parts were all rusted. It didn't really bother us for the bath was really big and clean overall. We also had a comfortable king-sized bed. TV wasn't working or rather we didn't really bother asking for the smart card,if it did work. And lucky us, there were just ants sharing the balcony with us. No other bugs whatsoever. And it was just so nice and peaceful to simply relax on the deck chairs.

The beach was,however, rather disappointing. We didn't feel safe going into the water. There were a lot of huge fish swimming so close to the shore and even the workers go into the water with life jackets on. I assume the current's strong and unpredictable. So we stayed away from the water. We opted to simply read and enjoy our drinks by the sea side.

The pool was clean,thank god for that. And it's a pretty big pool with nice setting. Was really nice sitting by the pool,having dinner & drinks.

They have a gym too,with basic equipments. Not sure if they're safe to use though.

The bar. Nice to see. Nice to hang around at. But nothing will be served. So BYOB!

The staffs were really,really nice and friendly. One of the best service I've experienced at a holiday resort.

Food could be an issue if you're staying more than 3 days as the menu doesn't change. You have a choice of 3 cuisines so by the end of day 3 you've probably tried all. And be prepared to pay RM16 for a plate of fried rice and RM18 for a tower burger.

The resort's huge. I mean HUGE. But I would say it is well kept. The place is clean and would make you feel bad for littering! Nicely trimmed grass. Clean walkways. No bad smells whatsoever.

They have little villages nearby. Was quite fun walking around the resort. Just don't wander too far as it's an island after all. You won't know what will come your way ;)

Well. All in all,we had a really good time. No regrets at all!

Just remember a few things, bring some games or have your own activities for they don't offer any there. Go with someone who wouldn't mind getting bitten by ants and mosquitoes and looks forward for nothing but a place to rest and relax :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Azmyth
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I am writing to let you know about the disastrous experience we had at that hotel and perhaps to warn other readers. Now, being experienced travellers in Asia we are well used to differences of opinion in terms of standards, etc but this one really takes the biscuit. The first piece of misinformation is taht this is not a luxory hotel - far from it. In fact, this hotel at one point belonged to the leading hotels of the world. It is indeed placed in an idyllic part of the island, with clear water and a lovely beach (if somewhat now spoilt by the fact that the wastewater treatment facility of the hotel is no longer working and raw sewage is just let out from a pipe that trickles down to the sea). One can see that the installations at one point must have been exceptional. Regretfully, a lot has passed since those heady days of elegance and good service. The hotel was abandoned for a period of nearly 2 years as it was apparently going to be sold, but in the end the sale fell through. In the interim, the local villagers decided it was quite a good idea to help themselves to anything of value, including bathroom fittings, beach chairs, TV sets and anything they could get their hands on. The water in the pool went stale, the water treatment facility (yes, it had its own water and wastewater treatment facility), was relieved of all its pumps and electrical equipment, all furniture was stolen and the garden let run rampant. When the hotel managers’ realised this and decided that in fact they would like to continue running this hotel, they started the process of renovation. This is not a task to be taken lightly. To deal with this rather herculean task they decided to appoint a very nice and charming manager, gave him no real trained staff and a shoe string budget. He has assembled a rag bag of staff most of them consisting of young Chinese students who are trying to learn English and are trying to get some “work experience”. Communicating with them was limited to my 8 year old’s school mandarin. We are all convinced that the cook (note please that I have saved the honour of all chefs in the world b not referring to him as a chef) , must have been the cook of a trawler ship as his meals consisted of inedible lumps of meat with lumpy gravy of some sort. Our second day (and our last!), we were informed in broken English “big boss no here”, “no food”, making the presumption that they had run out of food and that our lovely manager had gone to the mainland to restock. Thankfully, they managed to find and old loaf of white bread, which I must say, our two little ones (of 6 an 8), my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed. It must have been the best meal we had! Never has white bread and a little bit of butter been considered such a feast.

In the end, at US$180 per night, it was a rather expensive experience. islad is butiful budo not expect to ga 'luxury' exprience!!I cannot disagree more with the other two reviews before me. Maybe the manager and is side quick are nice people buthey have no clhow to run a hotel!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Xavier722013
Reviewed September 19, 2013

First, I am quite skeptical after reading bad reviews from other travelers. But anyway I need to try this resort as I never been to Sibu Island and to celebrate my birthday. Their service was personalized, En.Wahid the hotel manager was very attentive to the need of every guest.The food cooked by Chef.Din was delicious. Other service staff also very friendly.The scenery is beautiful, only the guests of Sari Pacifica have the access to enjoy the private beach. It was clear water. Amazing! I enjoyed and relaxed from the hustle and bustle of city life. They accommodation was good. The have TV with Astro Channel and in-house telephone as well. But the wifi, not very strong. I think the management had take action on previous comments. The management of Sari Pacifica, please solve the swimming pool issue as I want to come back again to Sari Pacifica, Sibu Island!

Room Tip: Choose sea view if you want to see the sea direct from your room!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Haniza1409
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We are Singaporeans who just went to celebrate our honeymoon, the whole place look so nice, peace. But the facilities is abit poor, (eg: jacuzzi, spa). Actually we thought there's a spa. But we get to know that the spa under is renovation. They should inform in their facilities. So we would know what they have and go for it.

Their service is best. Seriously their smile make our day good. Especially RInal Kandi Ghosh and Suguntha. Their service really good, helpful.

The place and food excellent. Couples dis this place which you guys can go. My hubby and me went to another resort by walking. That is nice. Really the view it's so peaceful...

Mugunthan.
Good job guys!

Room Tip: Garden view is the best.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple