TripAdvisor
Pulau Sibu
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews hot water get away mosquito net sea gypsy jungle walk great weekend boat trip low tide doors and windows baby oil family chalet the food is great sound of the waves couple of nights friday night chinese new year birthday cake
Selected filters
Reviewed March 3, 2016

First of all this isn’t a luxurious lifestyles of the rich and famous room, but it is superb service in a laid-back atmosphere. It’s rustic, but that’s part of the appeal. I enjoyed how included in the fee is your boat ride to and fro the jetty (one less hassle). Also, the meals were really tasty and halal according to the Malay kitchen staff were included too. The beach is private and there is hiking trail to other side of the Island.

There is no air/con, but that’s part of the experience and charm of the place. Luckily, the sea breeze and fans make it doable. We usually go away for Raya, but sometimes finding other than halal fast-food is difficult, because most places are closed for 3-5 days. We lucked out, because the food served at the resort was delicious. I would suggest to bring some snacks for the room for your comfort. There’s no 7/11 on the Island and prices at the jetty are jacked up high.

No TV and spotty wifi made it a very relaxing adventure. It was a great pleasure to read and complete book after so many years. So do bring some good reading materials. We had our laptop, so we did watch a couple of movies. You might want to bring extra coils, candles and incense if want more ambiance. We also had an enjoyable snorkelling excursion one day, but it seems that they cater more to divers. They even have a program to get your license.

Everyone was really friendly and cheerful, but not intrusive, just helpful. This review is delayed, but I didn't want it to get away. One drawback is the resort is seasonal due to monsoon season. It was delightful stay and would be happy to return for a restful break.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2016

I think Theresa G's review says it all. We too had a wonderful weekend away despite the poor weather, which I understand, was unusually bad for this time of year. The delightful Rimba staff catered to every whim and need and were excellent company providing lots of entertainment for our two girls who were unable to take advantage of all the sea activities on offer. We will definitely be back when we also hope to go diving.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2016

From start to end, the Rimba crew was at hand for any sort of assistance. The transfer from jetty to hotel and back via speed boat was exciting and somewhat wet. Hotel rooms were bare basic (bed, mosquito net, big bathroom with lots of space for amenities, medium water pressure from shower, foamwash in place of shampoo and bath, no conditioner or body lotion) but that did not stop us from having deep and relaxing sleep amidst the strong monsoon wind. The spa added some luxury to the resort. Food was great - hearty breakfast, fusion lunch and 4 course Western dinner. Lots of variety and setup. Best of all was the service. The staff went out of their way to make our Chinese New year special from decorating the place, enhancing the food with CNY ingredients, timing CNY songs just before midnight and supplying sparklers in place of fireworks. The staff were committed, joyful and genuine. Kudos to the management, especially Carly who was sensitive to every need. For those looking for calm winds and more sea activities, might be better to go in March or later. If you just want to chill out, anytime is a good time but if you need 5-star luxury and no insects, do reconsider. An open attitude is the way to go for a place so full of nature- such is Rimba!

2  Thank tgoh360
Reviewed February 11, 2016 via mobile

Good service,good service,good service,very important so have to mention 3 times.all staff very friendly.roomsu are very clean ,nice food also.And very near from tanjung lemang jetty.At here you can relax ,snookeling ,kayak and diving.Others u can stay at bar order some drink and surfing internet ,jungle track also is a good activiti here.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Thank K.A L
Reviewed December 5, 2015

I was skeptical initially as I was not sure if my family and I would enjoy a non-airconditioned stay; I'm glad we went. We were blessed with great weather despite the monsoon season.

Everything, well almost everything except the mosquitoes which were inevitable, was great from booking to departure. They were very patient with my many emails and make sure that they answer every single question, and so I was well-informed of what to expect. The transport from Singapore and boat ride was well taken care of, and we were received by warm friendly people and smiles.

The rooms were very clean for a hut. We took the family chalet and island suite, and though they were at both ends of the resort, we didn't mind the walk. The family chalet can fit up to 6 adults, and more, I believe, if required. The island suite comes with a king sized bed, and a lovely porch to enjoy the sea view and breeze.

Food was sumptuous and plenty, and because there were few guests during the last night/day of our stay, we got to enjoy our dinner and lunch by the beach. The bar was a great place to lepak any time of the day; drinks prices was reasonable too.

The resort is great for snorkelling. We went on a snorkelling trip on another island 15 minutes boat ride away, which was just beautiful. The beach though rocky, was safe for the kids to play on.

I was worried my pampered princessy daughters wouldn't like the rustic stay at first, but they had enjoyed it thoroughly, so I would definitely recommend it for family with young kids too. Thank you to all the awesome people who made the stay enjoyable: Carly (my kids love you), Sophie, Latif, Jennifer, Maria, and everyone else. We would definitely return!

Date of stay: December 2015