“wachapreague inn”
Review of Wachapreague Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wachapreague
Wachapreague Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wachapreague
Reviewed May 20, 2012

First and foremost: the friendliest folks you could ever hope to meet. It's an old motor lodge. I believe they are working hard on bringing it up, but "one of our better rooms" was showing it's age (cracked tile in bathroom, etc). Bed's were uncomfortable, but not unbearable. Carpets were dirty and bed linens worn. Amenities are spartan (e.g.. no phone in room) but staff works hard to ensure you have everything you need. Even a cooler full of sodas and beer in the lobby so you can "have a cold one" upon check in! I'd stay here again if I was going to Wachapreague but I wouldn't go out of my way for a return visit. I wish the owners lots of luck - they've only had the place for 4 years and are doing great things with it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Larry F

Reviewed May 1, 2012

I haven't been to Wachapreague for almost 20yrs. My girlfriend (now wife) and I were driving around the eastern shore of Va killing a weekend. I will have to say i wasn't impressed with anything other than the sandwich I got at the old general store. The motel was nasty and the restaurant worse. Some friends invited me to fish in the annual flounder tournament this past April. This place has always been known for world class fishing, so I agreed to go. WOW what a change in everthing in that town. Stayed at the motel what a pleasant surprise. Clean, fresh and the owners could not have been more accommadating. Well worth the price. Plenty of room for boats and only across the street from the boat ramp. The restaurant was perfect and across the street from our room. I spent last weekend there with my wife and kids and we explored the barrier islands (another world) in our boat. The camp ground could use a face lift, other than that I can't say how impressed I am with the progress this little city by the sea has come. There still is good sandwiches in the store, but the kind lady (Margaret Carpenter) that served me 20yrs ago just passed away this past Dec after more than 50 years in that store. Plan on going back soon,maybe to look at houses.

Room Tip: If you have more than 2 I would rent one of the houses they have.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2012

My family and I decided to stay at the 5 bedroom house that was available. I am so happy we did! The house is super comfy! The house is warm and inviting. The large kitchen area was also open to the dining area and living area which made it super easy for our entire family (Grandpop and cousins) to visit and spend time together while making meals. Nestled right on a corner lot, it has ample room to park and even an area out front where my kids could use the rope swing. The decor inside the home is all coastal fishing themed, with a wealth of books available for the whole family to choose from. The bedrooms were clean and neat, with the bedding all crisp and fresh. You can see all the huge boats and the dock area from this spot, and there is even a playground within walking distance. The general store was right across the street and is stocked with all sorts of goodies.
The owners are so hospitable and just down to earth friendly. Super kind!!
We had such a great time at this house and can't wait to go back again!

Room Tip: If you require extra pillows on your bed fear not! Each bed had two pillows for each person! You wo...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed here to rent a boat and go out to the barrier island on the ocean for
great flounder fishing. We loved it for the dog friendly rooms. Standard eastern shore hotel. Basic amenities. Sheets were so soft and the bed was very comfortable. It was great to have an efficiency- cooktop, electic fry pan,toaster ,refrig. etc... Locals are very friendly. Owners went out of their way to assist us. Wifi and cell phone 3G worked great , cell worked great even out on the ocean. Some of the rooms are updated. We stayed in an older room but was fine. Clean and well kept. The location is a great place to explore eastern shore Va. towns. Bike use was safe and easy in the small towns. We had meals at the waterfront restaurant across the street - the food was excellent. The sun rise over the marsh is worth getting up early. We will go back again. They also have 2br condo type rooms and a house you can rent.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Right across the street from Capt. Zed's Marina, the Island House Restaurant, and a beautiful seaside barrier island view, this motel was just perfect. The new owners of the Wachapreague Inn and their staff are so nice and clearly take a lot of pride in the property (which also has two efficiency rooms, two apartments and one house available for nightly or multi-nightly rental). The beds were comfortable, the room was clean, and the fridge in my room provided just the right level of icy cold for my refreshments. Oh, and great water pressure! Really loved waking to the sound of laughing gulls on the wing over the marina. Just a great stay. As a local kayak guide on the Eastern Shore, I will be happy to recommend the Wachapreague Inn to my guests!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Maargvark
Reviewed July 3, 2011

my husband and went to wachapreague for a short getaway and to do some fishing,We decided to book a room @ the inn before leaving ,we knew we would want a place to shower an sleep after coming off the boat.I was a little hesitant before getting there but was pleasently surprised! thiis place is great! . Do not pay any attention to the reveiws prior to 2009.the new owners are very nice and friendly an will do anything to accomodate you.they have a rental house,apts that have all been renovated.The hotels outside looks freshly painted with an awsome painting on tha one end of building,pinic tables ,bbq grills if you would like to use.The rooms are also freshly painted,have new beds, and are very clean.the carpet in our room had not been replaced yet but some rooms have,the furniture was a bit outdated but again clean!!! and no there are no phones in the room as one reveiwer had mentioned but again who cares!! our cells worked fine and we didnt go to talk on the phone.Also there is a great resturant across the street an ageneral store down the street,and of course the marina is also right acrossthe street.Chris and Nikki are doin a great job ,an have done agreat job @ making this a cozy ,charming little place that my husband an i will def be returning to very soon.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2011

This is a great little place to stay. I brought my fiancee up from Belle Haven to give her a real taste of the Eastern Shore (my lifelong home) during the Carnival that Wachapreague is famous for--and it was a 4th of July evening she'll never forget. Just as wonderful as ever, with the best funnel cake on the shore, but the hotel is something I DON'T remember. Very charming and friendly owners. Most people are there to fish, of course--and they'll steer you in the right direction for that. Need a cheap room, though? Don't think twice--the price is definitely right. We didn't want to drive back down that night (although it's not very far at all), so we just crashed there so I could show her a sunrise over the barrier islands on the Atlantic coast--it was worth the (remarkably) low price of doing so. Furnishings were perhaps a bit dated for city slickers, but this is the Shore and that's part of the timeless charm.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ESVASpiderTerp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wachapreague
Quality Inn & Suites
The Inn at Onancock
The Inn at Onancock
#1 of 6 in Onancock
Virginia Landing RV Campground

Been to Wachapreague Inn? Share your experiences!