“Great view, great food”

Island House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Island House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Atlantic Ave & Route 180
Description: The Island House Restaurant and Marina is a great waterfront restaurant with a BEAUTIFUL view of The Eastern Shore's marsh and Barrier Islands. Come for our award-winning crab cakes and fresh flounder while sipping some of the best local Eastern Shore wines available. We are very proud to partner with Chatham Vineyards as our signature local wine.
Palm Coast, Florida
“Great view, great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We saw a sign on US RTE 13 in Virginia, and decided to stop for lunch. The restaurant was not fancy on the an't get much better than this.outside or inside, but the view of the marsh and waterway was just great. Both my wife and I had the flounder. It was great tasting and the price was reasonable. Good food, reasonable price and a view. C

Visited September 2013

Williamsburg, VA
“Crabcake was disappointing.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I ate here on Tuesday around 3:00. I thought I had never been here, but I recognized the place when I pulled in the driveway. Don't remember anything about my other visit, so couldn't have been too bad or too good.
This time... Sort of an off hour. Only a few people in the place. Service was good. Expected a crabcake to rave about, but only average. I order crab cakes a lot, but would not do so here again. Not even close to as good as Bonefish or even Martins grocery store. Not lump crab... Not much flavor. Coleslaw has strange. Shredded cabbage with the dressing squirted on top. Not a good look.

• Visited October 2013
Blake J, Owner at Island House Restaurant, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
I am so sorry your experience dining with us was less than expected. We were just awarded the best crab cake on The Eastern Shore for the third straight year by Shore Secrets Magazine, and we pride ourselves on a great crab cake. Obviously yours was not up to par, and I want to invite you to come give us another try! I can be reached directly at blake@theislandhouserestaurant.com and would love to speak with you directly about the matter to ensure we are always putting our best foot forward.
Batesville, Arkansas
“Absolutely delightful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our dinner here. The atmosphere was relaxed and food was delicious. I would highly recommend giving this place a try. I had the broiled platter with scallops, flounder and a crab cake. DELICIOUS!

• Visited September 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Scenery!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

What a find! My husband and I have often passed the sign for this restaurant at the turnoff from Route 13 but never taken the side trip until this past weekend. We found a place with a great setting, friendly service and good food. All the seafood was fresh and served hot. We had a table by the window and watched boats going in and out of the harbor. We could have sat there all afternoon......

• Visited September 2013
Danville, Virginia
“Decent food, good service, convenient location.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stay in Wachapreague regularly. Every time we've been, we've eaten at the Island House because it's conveniently located. The food is good, but nothing special. I've never sent anything back, but I've also never raved about anything. We usually go late, when servers are doing sidework and the lounge is getting cranked up with loud, run-of-the-mill pop music. Enough wine makes all that tolerable, but it's never a can't-wait-to-go-back experience.

Visited August 2013

Been to Island House Restaurant? Share your experiences!