“Excellent seafood, excellent service”

Island House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Island House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Atlantic Ave & Route 180
Description: The Island House Restaurant and Marina is a great waterfront restaurant with a BEAUTIFUL view of The Eastern Shore's marsh and Barrier Islands. Come for our award-winning crab cakes and fresh flounder while sipping some of the best local Eastern Shore wines available. We are very proud to partner with Chatham Vineyards as our signature local wine.
Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent seafood, excellent service”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We ate here for an early dinner. When we
arrived the sun was setting. The view and
seating right on the water was amazing!
We both had fresh seafood and delicious
homemade sides and topped it off with
homemade Creme Brule and a coconut
cake. Dinner was phenomenal and Karen
(our server) was fantastic!! The gift shop is
really cute and they have nice gifts. I can't
wait to come back! It was amazing!

• Visited March 2013

Onancock, Virginia
“Keeping Trying with Bad Results”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I keep hearing how this restaurant has improved with the new owners so I have been there several times and overall the meals have been bad. Last night I ordered a crabcake and when it came it smelled awful. It also tasted awful. The waitress never came back until my wife had finished her dinner so I was just ready to leave but I told her. She offered me something else so I got a cup of clam chowder. It was OK. She told the manager- he came over to my table a said they checked the other crabcakes and they were fine. Didn't do me any good because mine was not fine. Waitress said he had reduced my bill so that seemed ok until I got it and they took $3.00 off of it, that was not enough. Free would have been fair. I ate almost nothing and was aggravated with the whole experience. In my recent past experiences dining there the food was either still half frozen or just tasted bad or both. One more problem is the service. It is not good. the waitresses are always slow coming initially and continually throughout the meal if you see them again. Chairs are also uncomfortable.

• Visited February 2013
Jamesville , Virginia
“Best oyters ive had in a long time”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This seafood was amazing. Also this is the first place ive ate at and i would order all appitizers for dinner lol the fried pickles ,oysters and sweet potato puffs were amazing.

• Visited February 2013
Virginia
“Great shrimp”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Really good shrimp tempura and sweet potato biscuits. Beatiful scenary and good service! A good place to go for a nice ocassion

Visited July 2012
Edgewater, MD
“Fresh local seafood with a view!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great place that the locales love! Fresh seafood...everything from crab quesadillas to oysters rockefeller and fresh off the boat fish! Beautiful fishing town setting overlooking the barrier islands of Virginia's Eastern Shore. Well worth getting off the beaten path to try!

• Visited August 2012