“Fabulous Barbeque and Briskett”
Review of Whitner's BBQ

Whitner's BBQ
Ranked #149 of 1,450 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 23, 2014

No ambiance but one of the best for barbeque and brisket. Very tender, flavorful and you can have it your way. Prices are very reasonable....a well kept secret...in a little shopping center, strip mall off Lynnhaven Parkway. You can also order and pick up which we have done at lunch time at our office. Special treat.

1  Thank Barbara B

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We love Whitner's! After seeing a review on DDD, we tried it, and loved it!. That's all I need to say. DDD knows their stuff! If you're close, and you're hungry.....get yourself to Whitner's. You won't be disappointed, ever!

1  Thank Debra G
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I just went for the pulled pork on this occasion, but it needed nothing to accompany it, the taste stood out all on its own; so good. I have received a lot of recommendations to go eat BBQ all over the place and I don't mean just in VA, but this place to date tops them all, very hard to beat. I did end up with the slaw and corn bread, both tasted really good. Going back and I reckon I'm going to work my way through the menu, why not?
To top it all off I received a genuinely friendly welcome and very quick service. Good to know great places still exist.

1  Thank FC96
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I saw this place on Triple d and decided to try it. Self seating and serving, which I actually prefer (no tip required). Food was good, good portions, good price. Had burnt ends sandwich with mashed potatoes and slaw. Wife had smoked turkey sandwich. Only thing bad on her plate was dirty rice. My good versus great rating is because I have had some of the best BBQ in the country (Memphis and Texas). Nice place though.

1  Thank cuttyKnoxville
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

This place was just OK, nothing special. The ribs were barely warm and the meat on the ribs was a little under done for my taste. I like ribs where the meat is falling off the bone and this was not the place for that. The sides (potatoes salad and greens) were good. Service was good.