“Melt in my mouth!!!”

Ranked #133 of 1,435 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Melt in my mouth!!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Everyone in our group got something different, and no one left disappointed. I got ribs, a few the turkey sandwich, and a few other things. Can't wait to visit again!!!!

• Visited June 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great BBQ, but skip the sides”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The pulled pork, the ribs, and the turkey was excellent. The burnt ends were too acidic - skip it. While the BBQ was great, every person in our group left the side dishes on the plate - except cornbread. So skip the sides, just have meat and cornbread.

Visited June 2013
“Nothing like Midwest BBQ”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten lots of bbq in KC, St Louis, Memphis, Texas and other areas and this was my least favorite. We had 4 meats...ribs and turkey were both good, brisket was moist but cut way too thick more like a pot roast. The Jamaican jerk chicken was not even close to what it should've tasted like and was more like a mustard sauce on top. The collared greens and rice were fine. They do give huge portions on the 2 & 3 meat platters. I preferred the spicier sauce. I'll post some pictures of the food.

• Visited June 2013
Tampa
“Just plan garbage”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had visited this store on 4/30/2013

I purchased several items. The food is just plan garbage.

People go there because it was featured on TV.

There Jerk chicken was terrible. It was extremely dry. In fact, it was so dry that I couldn't eat it. It was the worst chicken I ever had.

This chicken taste like it was made weeks ago.

Also, the Dirty Rice taste like it came from a box. I took one folk full and I had to spit it out. It was gross.

Their food is just plan horrible.

Please don't waste your money on this place. The food is real bad.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank John J
Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I’ve wanted to eat here since I saw them on Diner, Drive-ins and Dives. My wife and I ate lunch here on 4/28/2013 – we arrived at 1PM. You order and pay when you first come in. I got a two meat combo with spare ribs and brisket, my wife got a chicken-Q sandwich. For sides I got the dirty rice and mac & cheese, and my wife got potato salad.

The brisket was excellent – among the best I’ve had and I grew-up in Texas. The dirty rice was also very good – both my wife and I really enjoyed the rice. However, those were the only things we enjoyed, the rest of our meal was very dull. My ribs were way over cooked and very dry, the mac & cheese tasted like wet flour and had absolutely no cheese flavor. My wife said her potato salad had no flavor and was nearly tasteless.

The sauce Whitner put on my ribs was not good – not sure what is was, but it had a slight burnt taste that was off in a big way. The restaurant is small and we had to wait a while for a table to open up.

I would not return and cannot recommend this restaurant. In Richmond we have world class BBQ at Buzz and Ned’s, and Q-BBQ. I think they have spoiled me as I hold all other BBQ joints to their standards!!

• Visited April 2013