“A delightful surprise”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013

A few days ago, my Lady and I patronized Bone-Fish Grill for the first time. We arrived without a reservation and waited about 10 minutes for an available table. The restaurant has a bar section and a dining section.

Our server was super. She explained that the place was quite busy because it was hour time. She also informed us of the specials, how the restaurant operates to serve its customers, etc. Bang-Bang shrimp was the happy hour appetizer special ($5), and it looked like very table was ordering some.

I ordered bang-bang shrimp and Singapore calamari, two appetizers, for dinner. My lady ordered the Maryland Crab Cake dinner with mixed veggies (featuring squash) and sliced tomatoes (with Feta, basil + balsamic dressing). A loaf of hot bread with an olive oil and herb dip was also served. Everything was DE-licious. My lady also ordered a piña colada that was delightful. Although the place was packed, our food was delivered in a timely manner, and our server was readily available.

Bone-Fish Grill was a delightful surprise! Did I say I was going to return? You can bet on that!

2  Thank Beyondthebull

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had a reservation but still had to wait about 20 minutes for a table. But, our server was great and made us feel comfortable and like valued guests. He had a nice sense of humor. There were good specials and lots of fish dishes to choose from. Each of us had something different and all the meals were delicious.

It was so good that we went back a few weeks later for another delicious meal.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

My wife and I made Bonefish Grill our anniversary date. It started out well with the Bang Bang appetizer. We really enjoyed it, and recommend it. The server (and others) were quite good. The main courses we ordered were fine. The shrimp and scallops was my choice, and my wife chose lobster tail and sirloin. The sauces we tried (house lemon butter and mango salsa) were tasty. A couple of complaints on my side would be the scallops were inconsistently cooked. Most were ordered according to my preference: lightly grilled, but two were under-done. While I enjoyed the zucchini quite well, my special order of asparagus was a bit inconsistent too because a couple of the asparagus were "woody". Generally, we enjoyed the meal and service. I will complain again about TripAdvisor's rating system as I have in the past: I would rate the meal "good" or 3.5, but their ratings only allow "average" or "very good".

3  Thank taliabo
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Living in Virginia Beach where there are so many good local restaurants, we try to support the local restaurants whenever possible. However, we were given a gift card to Bonefish two years in a row and both times that we've eaten there we've come away greatly impressed with the knowledgeable and helpful staff and outstanding food.
Last night we shared the mussels as our starter and were intrigued by the mystery sweetness of the sauce. Turns out it was anisette! So tasty with not a hint of the tell tale licorice that could have spoiled the flavor of the delicate mussels. The rest of our meal was also very good. The salmon lily was not dry and quinoa salad was unique and delicious. Who knew a franchise restaurant could be so good? It is located away from the Oceanfront in the shopping center with Sam's Club which also has a very good Chinese restaurant. Out of the way for some tourists, but worth the drive down Virginia Beach Boulevard. Quite a line on the weekend, but not too busy on a Monday night. If you can get Khaleelah as your waitress that will be an added bonus, but I observed that most of the wait staff was helpful and friendly, too.

2  Thank mseibel
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The atmosphere, food and service was all excellent. I would not mind going again some day. Everything was cooked just right and everything tasted good.

1  Thank Sandra D