“Great place for lunch”

Keagan's Irish Pub & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Keagan's Irish Pub & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #367 of 1,431 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Corrales, New Mexico
“Great place for lunch”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Quick and great choice for lunch. Haven't tried dinner yet, but I imagine would be just as good. Seems like they have a large, regular lunch crowd of locals, so that's a good sign.

Visited November 2013

Hampton, Virginia
“Welcome to Keagans, said the Hostess… NOT!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Really, if you want your business to bloom don’t put an unfriendly person to welcome guests!
That is exactly the welcome we received at Keagans Irish Pub off of Market Street in VA Beach.
I’m the one who said hello and it’s not even my business.
Our waitress was welcoming and took our drink order. On the menu Keagans has a $6.00 lunch that includes a drink. My best friend ordered the Beef N Beer sandwich and I the Chicken Chipotle wrap. I couldn’t understand why it was taking so long to be served. As I looked around the restaurant it was almost empty for 1:30 pm on a Wednesday.
My wrap was good but it needed more chipotle sauce and the sweet potato fries were cold and over cooked. My Best Friends Beef N Beer sandwich was good but the fresh broccoli tasted like it was steamed in fish water. Why oh why is it when you need your server they disappear? I did complain about my sweet potato fries, fresh and hot ones appeared quickly. My last thoughts: after our long wait to be served why weren’t my fries fresh and hot the first time?

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank katzret
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Loved it!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Live music and separate indoor smoking room. The service was prompt and they had a great selection of beer and liquor. Had a really great time there one night!

Visited September 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Yes...and No”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

If you're looking for a great Irish pub that is authentic right down to the Irish music, gorgeous, rich, hand-carved woodwork, Keagan's is probably a good choice. The owner has told us that not only did he replicate the pubs in Ireland when he was creating the Keagan's brand, he actually had some major portions of the bars shipped from Ireland.

They actually have two pub areas - one in the dining room and the other is a separate pub that has more of a sports theme with flat-screen TVs and is smoker-friendly. It is one of the few places in the region that allows indoor smoking, including cigars. That's a nice feature for those who smoke in a region where the weather is often very changeable.

As a pub, Keagan's seems to be on their game as far as beers and drinks...and everything Guinness! Guinness is featured in several of their signature dishes AND dessert. They have an extremely popular happy hour that is a great value, with specials changing monthly.

On the other hand, if you're looking for wonderful food that is cooked correctly and served in a timely manner...Keagan's may not be the best choice. Pub food is what they do best - wings, burgers, fish and chips - typical pub fare. But order anything off that narrow category and it's a "crap shoot." The food is always okay. Sometimes it's even pretty good. I've never been bowled over with the awesomeness, though. The she-crab soup is usually pretty good. We've had it a couple of times when it was so salty it was almost inedible, but that hasn't been every time.

And if you want a great steak...or even a *good* steak...go to a steak place. This is an Irish pub. Think "pub food" and you'll be fine.

Other reviewers have mentioned the service...there are some waitresses that are pretty good. The others are...well...there's definitely room for improvement. The one thing they all have in common is they're all very young and wear very tiny kilts.

On our very first visit, a business man next to us complained continuously about his spacey waitress. He finally turned to us at the next table and said, "I come here for their burgers. I drive all the way from Hampton for their burgers. Their waitresses are known for being cute - and dumb."

All that said, there is enough good stuff about this place that keeps a solid clientele returning steadily. They have all kinds of events - especially Irish-related events...like a big St. Patrick's Day celebration at the halfway point in the calendar year. And they have a brunch on Sundays, and make a big deal out of things like Mother's Day and Father's Day, etc.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Machis5769
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Not impressed....”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My friend and I recently ate there and ordered medium rare steaks. Both steaks came out well done without even a hint of pink. Waitress disappeared so finally flagged down another waitress to help us. After another long wait the manager came over and he said he was watching our order to make sure it was cooked correctly. Second steaks were medium, fatty and the vegetables were cold. Not a good dinner at all. We won't be back.

• Visited August 2013