Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport
Ranked #20 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Check in was very easy and quick, the front desk was charming even allowed early occupancy. The hotel was very clean very affordable, everything I expected and much more!!! The room design was great 2 beds vanity area the shower/tub n toilet seperated from the livingroom like space then a really well designed kitchenette area nice table stove dishwasher sink full sized fridge microwave etc etc nice sized TV in both rooms and nice large windows....great great use of space. the pool was indoor and really nice wth a view of the outside golf area so you get sunlight indoors...laundry facility and workout area on 1st floor to. Te breakfast Oh My Goosh real plates not paper!!! real silver ware not plastic!!! Beautiful and deliscious buffet...hot and deliscious with an attendant standing by to clean or prepare more. Yummy yummy I was super pleased.
TV's to watch while you eat or you can see outside to the swimming pool room and the little golf area. The hotel was Fabulous not a far drive from the beach either!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank JAZZ P
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport

Reviewed July 29, 2010

We went to VA Beach for a long weekend and made our reservation back in the spring. Upon arrival (at 5pm) I was told that there were no more N/S rooms available in the studio suite and they would have to give me a smoking room because a large travel group came earlier to check-in. I was definitely put off - we were at Busch Gardens all morning/afternoon and it had reached 104 degrees that day and now I was being told they did not have a room for me because instead of checking in at 4pm, I checked in at 5pm?? I told them I needed a N/S room due to allergies and stood there- 30 mns later and after contacted 3 people over the phone, we were given an upgraded room to a 1-bed suite VERY reluctantly. There were no apologies, nothing. I made sure they gave me the room rate I paid for though and they agreed. So a 5 minute check-in process took well over 30 mns. However, the room was very clean, nice and quiet. So the stay started off on the wrong foot but the hotel was very nice - and the complimentary hote breakfast every morning was pretty decent.

BTW - only ONE elevator for a 6 story hotel.. had to wait at least 5 mns everytime we wanted to go up/down..and we were on the 5th floor!!

Pros:
-Very clean room
-Quiet
-Comp. Breakfast
-Comp. Internet
-Comp. Parking

Cons:
-Service
-Elevator

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Stay was really nice . Complimentary food was good. hotel room was clean. Everything was provided as advertised...

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VikkyUsa
Reviewed June 20, 2010

The homewood Suites Virginia Was graet althought it not on the beach the beach is not far away . The rooms are beauitful the worker were very friendly, love the inside heated pool with the jacuzzi attached . the free breakfast was very tasty can i keep going on for the price of this hotel you will not go wrong. also the free dinner M thur Thur .

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2010

Actually could have stayed here longer. This was like a nice small 1 bedroom apartment. 2 TVs. 2 phones. Everything you need. Nice modern furnishings and décor. Nice work area. Comfortable bed. Kitchenette – D/W, frig (w/o ice maker), microwave. 24 hour convenience store. DVD player. Complementary breakfast and Dinner is served Mon-Thur. Internet did seem slow. Check-out time 12 Noon. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2009

My whole family decided to go to virginia beach for the summer and i got two studio king bed suites at a good price. Before arriving, i called a week in advance to have adjoining rooms and the person said that they were going to be full on the weekend we were going to arrive and they were going to do their best to arrange it. When we checked in, yes indeed the hotel was packed, although we didnt get adjoing rooms not even close rooms. I was in the last floor and the rest of my family was in the 4th floor. We had to go up and down whenever we wanted to see each other to make plans. At check in I asked for a rolling cart and he said there wasnt any available at the moment so we had to take our things to our rooms one at a time. I work at a hotel too and when a guest asks for a cart, I make sure i get them a cart even if i have to look for one in the whole building. but this person didnt even bother and i understand they were busy and its ok. the ELEVATORS took soooooo long, you had to wait almost 20 minutes to get an elevator. they only had 2 but they were far away from each other and with 4 to 5 floors. it was a nightmare!! i always used the stairs the whole time during my stay. Once i got to my room, it was a one bedroom king nonsmoking room, the bedroom was seperate for the living and kitchen room which was GREAt i loved it but the only problem was that the room seemed like it was an out of order room or something. Both telephones in room didnt work, there was no bath towels and in the kitchen there was a bottle of beer in the trash can and we didnt get any kitchen towels and the ice bucket was broken. We brought our own towels and the telephones weren't really needed and we didnt put much mind on the trash can and we took the ice bucket from the other room because they werent going to need it. There was 2 small children in my family, they wanted to go to the swimming pool and i took them and the pool was full, there was some kind of family reunion going on or something, they seemed like they owned the place. The patio where the golf course is located was full of people from the reunion and little kids running around so we decided to prospone the pool for that night. The next day, my room view was the patio, i opened the curtains to get some sun in the room and i took a look at the patio to see if there was any people near the pool, and i was schocked to see a lot of pool towels on the floor like if someone had a pool party or something and no one ever cleaned. Breakfast was good, through out all everything was good because we had a nice family vacation together at the beach later that day. When we came back from VA beach the towels were still on the floor!!! =).....over all it was a nice hotel but with a little work to improve!! Il come back to this hotel just because its close to the beach!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2009

Very happy with our stay. Breakfast was good. Staff was outstanding. Had to ask for tomato juice on 2 mornings, but they jumped to get it. No waffles. Great cheese danish and bagels. Eggs scrambled, OK.

Room, accessible, was great.

The hot tub/spa and pool had very small steps, which is a good thing for me.

Compared to where I normally stay:
Location not as good.