Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport
Ranked #16 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“Okay hotel”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This hotel is okay. Cleaning service would come to clean our room in the afternoon between 1 and 3. Also they didn't replace the toilet paper and other products when they cleaned out room. We had to keep asking for more. Also the hot tub needs to be cleaned are the pool needs to be refurbished.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

homewoodvabeach, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary meals. I am sorry to hear about your housekeeping issues and will address those problems with our team. The hot tub has recently been drained and cleaned and the pool will be reburished later this year after the summer season. I do appreciate you taking time to review our property. We hope to see you again in the future. We appreciate your business.

Warm Regards,

Sandi Stowers - Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Breakfast is below par. Food was in poor conditions and sometimes they would run out. The rooms could use a little love and care. Shower doors were falling off the rails and the dishwasher did not work. Staff, gym and pool were nice. Overall I would probably stay there again for the price I paid.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Travis N
homewoodvabeach, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of the Homewood Suites Virginia Beach. I am glad that you enjoyed your overall experience with us. I would like to personally apologize for the maintenance issues in your room and the quality of breakfast provided to you. I will be sure to share your review with our team so that future guests do not have the same experience. We hope you will give us another try if you come back to the area. Please contact me personally if you plan to return so that I can ensure your satisfaction. We appreciate your business.

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel room was clean. The beds were very comfortable. I must complain about the woman at the front desk. I felt like she was lazy and instead of checking us in ahead of time and giving us a time to return she said "I don't know when your room will be ready and there are 20 people ahead of you". Didn't really feel the welcome from her. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice and willing to help. The pool was filthy. The whirlpool was so cloudy I didn't dare to go in. Other than that the rooms were spacious and the location was convenient.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom Suites
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank C V
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of the Homewood Suites Virginia Beach! I am glad that you enjoyed your overall experience with us, including our clean rooms and comfortable beds. I would like to personally apologize for your issue with our front desk representative and the pool. I will certainly address this with our team so that it does not happen again in the future. The pool has since been deep cleaned and properly treated due to extensive use over the holiday weekend. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future! We appreciate your business.

Maryland
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is right off highway and very close to places. 20 minutes to Virginia beach, 15 minutes to Norfolk botanical garden, 15 minutes to USS Wisconsin, 15 minutes to captain George seafood buffet. All the fun places are all within 20 minutes drive. The hotel offers free WiFi and complimentary breakfast. Decent size pool, but rather small fitness center. The room is big! It is really a suite instead of a hotel room. It has it's own kitchen! Decent size bathroom, and the room is clean. I am amazed by the quietness of the room. I have stayed at many hotels, and I never came across one, which you don't hear any hallway noise until this one. Unbelievably quiet. This is exactly where you want to stay after exhausting long day of touring.

One safety complain though. The fireplace base at the lobby is quite dangerous. It's very easy to kick the corner and trip yourself. I almost tripped myself on the first day and saw a lady almost tripped herself the next day. Just watch out for that fireplace base. Other than that, I enjoyed every bit of my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Homewood Suites Virginia Beach! I am glad you were able to enjoy our large rooms, location, and pool. We hope to see you again if your travel needs bring you back to the area. We really appreciate your business and loyalty to the Hilton brand family of hotels.

Plymouth, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Excellent property-very relaxing stay when not conducting business offsite. Enjoyed the spaciousness of the suite. Also, ate in instead of a restaurant offsite. I saved quite a bit money by eating in my suite. Almost felt like I was home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary meals. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for your great review! We appreciate your business.

Meredith Alexander Brinkley
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I love this place. It's my home away from home. The staff are very courteous and always wiling to help. Food is also great. Tiffany (food service ) will pamper you. The rooms are large and kept clean. Would definitely stay here all the time on my trips to Virginia Beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

homewoodvabeach, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Hello Joe,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Virginia Beach! We appreciate your great review and your loyalty to our hotel. I will be sure to recognize Tiffany for her service to you. We hope to see you again soon!

Meredith Alexander Brinkley
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Hotel is in a crowded location and not easy to find. Staff were not very friendly or helpfull but rather rude almost making you feel quilty for asking the question. Manager's reception is very poor limited choice of food with low quality and NO choice in variety (only shreaded pork, red beens/rice mix, and crits). Even breakfast was disappointing with only scrambled eggs and no options. All in all too little value for the price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience a hopefully improved level of customer service. Hopefully next time you can stay for more than one night and really get to experience all that we offer. Thank you once again for your comments and we hope to see you return soon.

Meredith Brinkley