I have generally had great experiences with Hilton Brand Hotels and especially the Homewood Suites. However, this was the worst one I had ever stayed in and I think clearly there is a management issue. In my opinion consistency in the small things is what makes a chain successful. Upon check in we did not receive our customary bottles of water as Hilton Honors members. And when we asked about it we were told that at this particular location it is reserved for Gold members or higher only. Strike One!
The room was dirty...in fact I am not certain it was cleaned prior to my checking in. There were grocery bags crumpled up in the cabinet, the tub had a grime ring in it and there was hair everywhere. Not cool. I can overlook a lot but not lack of cleanliness. However, at the time of check in it was so late that I was too exhausted to attempt to switch rooms. One of the two beds appeared passable so I chose that one to sleep in.
In the morning I went to the fitness center to work out. It was well appointed with three treadmills and two ellipticals as well as a full range of free weights and a bench. Along with medicine balls and mats. However my key didn't work in the lock so I had to go to the front desk which was not close....it required three trips back to the front desk before they provided me a key that worked. The same issue with cleanliness prevailed in the gym...it clearly had not be well cleaned in a very long time. I used the sanitary clothes to clean what I used several times and they came away filthy.
When we checked in there was a trail of stains on the tile as though something had leaked down the hall. It remained there for two days, the floor evidently not being mopped and no one taking the initiative to clean it.
Breakfast was mediocre with the only choices for coffee being a very bland dark roast and sweetened coffee mate creamer! No half and half to be found. The waffles were in a warming tray and dry, the yogurt was not individual containers but a salad bowl on ice filled with yogurt that was not labeled as to flavor and not covered. I guess you were to scoop from the bowl. The only fruit available were some apples and oranges that were bruised and battered looking.
I would not recommend this hotel as there are many others in the immediate vicinity that offer a much better experience. This one is not what you would expect from the Brand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Norfolk/Virginia Beach hotel, located just 6 miles from the Norfolk International Airport (ORF). Our hotel in Virginia Beach offers both vacationers and extended stay guests the ideal place to stay when visiting Virginia Beach or Norfolk. Our spacious studio, one- and/or two-bedroom suites feature separate living and sleeping areas. Each has a fully-equipped kitchen with full-size refrigerator, microwave, 2-burner stove and dishwasher. You’ll find enough space for work, study or entertaining – plus all the comforts of home including two remote control TVs, complimentary high speed internet access, and two phones with voice mail. Enjoy a complimentary Suite Start® hot breakfast seven days a week and a Welcome Home Reception® featuring a complimentary light meal and beverages Monday through Thursday evenings (local laws apply). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Virginia Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Homewood Suites