“Great, unhealthy American breakfast experience”

Belvedere Coffee Shop
Ranked #44 of 1,461 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: For over forty years The Belvedere Coffee Shop has been a landmark on the Oceanfront in Virginia Beach. In the best tradition of mid twentieth century Diners, we cater to our local crowd year 'round and to our Hotel Guests in the spring, summer and fall. Whether you try the Eye Opener, the Belvedere Omelette or our #1 rated Biscuits & Gravy for breakfast, or the Patty Melt, a Cheeseburger & fries, or the Crab Sandwich for lunch, you're sure to become a fan for life.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Wonderful for visiting foreigners wanting the true, unhealthy American breakfast experience. We loved it and were there for both mornings of our stay in Virginia Beach. Sure the coffee isn't great but tell me where it is with breakfast in the USA. Good people working there and sitting at the counter watching all the breakfast orders being prepared was just fine for us.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Based on the average rating, I entered with high expectations and left disappointed. Food was nothing special and prices were not great. My wife's cheese omelet made it difficult to find the cheese and my bacon and egg sandwhich was greasy and hard to hold.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The welcome is cool at best, the coffee is bad at best and the service just isn't the best. You can't make any substitutions but they're happy to tack sides on your order. They at least did me the courtesy of asking how I liked my steak cook before I was served a well done steak. The view is great but the place is cramped.

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We hit the Belvedere Coffee Shop again and it still has great atmosphere and the best view on the beach. The staff are the friendliest around and it is clearly a favorite of locals as everyone seems to know everyone. The most popular lunches are the breakfasts as the chefs are preparing eggs and pancakes constantly, and I have often heard the pancakes described as the best anywhere. When kids order pancakes they come with added Mickey Mouse ears and big smiles. We love this place and will continue to come here whenever we are in Virginia Beach. We travel a lot, but I guess this makes us regulars too.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Excellent reuben and cuban sandwiches! The cafe is always busy for breakfast, so we opted for a late lunch, and it was great!

1  Thank dbishop89