“Best sausage gravy and biscuits!”

Belvedere Coffee Shop
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: For over forty years The Belvedere Coffee Shop has been a landmark on the Oceanfront in Virginia Beach. In the best tradition of mid twentieth century Diners, we cater to our local crowd year 'round and to our Hotel Guests in the spring, summer and fall. Whether you try the Eye Opener, the Belvedere Omelette or our #1 rated Biscuits & Gravy for breakfast, or the Patty Melt, a Cheeseburger & fries, or the Crab Sandwich for lunch, you're sure to become a fan for life.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best sausage gravy and biscuits!”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The Belvedere Coffee Shop was just three blocks away from our hotel... we decided to give it a try because of the great rating on Trip Advisor. The coffee shop is very small... five booths and a row of seats along the counter, but it didn't get completely full on any of our three visits during our week long vacation. The staff was very friendly. The food and service were great. They easily have the best sausage gravy and biscuits that we've ever had from a restaurant. They actually make the gravy to order... it is not just scooped out of big batch like at most restaurants.

My only complaint would be that they have a very limited menu compared to most other restaurants.

• Visited June 2012
, Owner at Belvedere Coffee Shop, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
You have confirmed the Virginia Pilot's award of the best biscuits & gravy in Virginia Beach. Thanks for the affirmation.

Newcastle, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best breakfast on the beach”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We ate at the Belvedere after reading the reviews. We were not disappointed! The food was great especially the pancakes and biscuits with gravy.

Visited June 2012
, Owner at Belvedere Coffee Shop, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
It's a Big Beach and if you say we have the Best Breakfast, I won't argue with you. Much obliged.
Stafford, Virginia
“Very small!”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Very small, but great location! Coffee was good, they had a Mickey Mouse pancake that my daughter loved.

• Visited May 2012
, Owner at Belvedere Coffee Shop, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
It's true what they say about small packages, Mickey Mouse Pancakes and all.
Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My kids loved it!”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We had a blustery day at the beach and ended up biking up from the inlet all the way to the Belvedere which I remember from my own childhood. My kids (10 and 7) insisted we stop and both cleaned their plates - my son getting a second order of sausage patties. Not too many places like this left, and I'm glad to have shared it with my kids. Great. Go.

1 Thank KThompson71
, Owner at Belvedere Coffee Shop, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
For forty two years, five generations of our family have enjoyed the Belvedere Coffee Shop. Thank you for sharing it with your family too. This review made our day.
Brevard County, FL
“Gotta try this place”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

No tables available when I ate there but since I was dining solo, the counter was perfect. I was surrounded by locals and felt like one myself. There is one table which faces the ocean. Would have been nice to sit there as the view is fabulous. Maybe next time! Food is great but that almost didn't matter...treat yourself and go to the Belvedere!!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank tripsahoy16
, Owner at Belvedere Coffee Shop, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
I love sitting at the counter but you are right. Watching the dolphins from that oceanfront booth is an experience everyone should have. Hope you make it back up here soon.