“Best Sandwich Place in Town!”

TASTE at the Oceanfront
Ranked #40 of 1,422 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: For 40 years, TASTE has been the locals' favorite for lunch all day, featuring sandwiches with our famous house dressing. Pre-order boxed lunches or catering platters for your group events. We offer gourmet provisions, wine, craft beers, gelato, and Virginia peanuts. Our Pacific Avenue location also offers beer & wine by the glass to enjoy with your meal. Taste the good life!
Austin, Texas
“Best Sandwich Place in Town!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Hands down the best place for a sandwich in Virginia Beach! My favorite: The tidewater. Salty smithfield ham, fresh creamy chicken salad, great bread. YUM!!

Have been eating here for years and will continue to do so on every visit.

Be warned: At lunch time this location will be slammed. Call ahead with your order or be prepared to wait it out.

• Visited July 2014

Bradenton, Florida
“Still thinking about it 24hrs later!!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

My family and I had a great experience at Taste Unlimited. Their signature sandwiches all sounded so yummy I decided to build my own with all of my favorite things. It turned out to be one of the best sandwiches I've ever had! The habanero chips were a nice addition and their gelato was satisfying. Like many others, I wish their was a Taste Unlimited in my hometown! If I see another during my travels I'll definitely be stopping in for a bite!

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Wish I had this place in my hometown!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We love the variety of quality of gourmet foods, gelato, and wine!
The carry out sandwiches weren't inexpensive, but they were very high-quality, generous portions and, most of all, delicious! My mouth waters just remembering! We bought an insulated Scout bag and took lunch to the beach. Yum! Next time, I need to save room for some gelato.

Visited June 2014
“Last 3 times here was horrible experience”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I have been here 6 times.
First 3 times were great experiences but last 3 horrible and that is why I gave average.
One time there was no chicken and it was a weekday at early lunch when they first opened.
I will not be returning.

Excelsior Springs, Missouri
“Wonderful....fresh”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

What a great place. Highly recommend. Trendy, fresh local produce and products. The salads and sandwiches were amazing. My daughter lives in the area and took me here for lunch. They offered free sample of lots of different things, which is so nice before you spend hard earned money to buy something that "looks good", you want to make sure it "tastes good" too. Highly recommend....you'll be glad you stopped!

• Visited June 2014